Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm trying to figure out where the tire pressure decal goes on the inside of my 67 and also does the Dan Gurney special ( car of the yr) decal go on the left side quarter window or the right or on the rear window, i've heard conflicting stories as to where exactly it should go. Any help would be appreciated

·
Premium Member
1,915 Posts
Location is everything

I put my tire pressure decal in the glovebox. I have heard it was either in the glovebox or on the door.
As for the DGS COTY sticker.
My Car of the Year sticker is on the right (passenger's side) 1/4 window. It is original so I am absolutely sure of that placement.

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
I asked that question a while back and the consensus at that time was also that the DGS/COTY sticker was on the passenger 1/4 window....so that's where I put mine:D

·
Premium Member
1,915 Posts
Nothing like putting them in the wrong place.
I sincerely doubt the factory guys even thought about it.
Have you ever seen them in some cars and they are totally crooked? I have seen 2!
Going to the Nationals?

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yup but i think i hastily entered my coug in a show class and now i'm trying to get all those last minute things that i'm noticing aren't there, but at least i'll know after judging what i'll need to get finished. I thought it looked fine until i looked thru that judging novel the ccoa sent, now i'm thinking i should of put in just display. Oh well if it gets there without a problem i'll be happy

·
Premium Member
1,915 Posts
Keep it in judged, you never know.
Last Nationals the people who won were actually in display and were encouraged to enter it in judged ant they actually won 1st!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts