Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,201 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Please go to the site forum and check under my post 'testing' and see if you can get that file, I am interested to see if it works.
Thks in adv.

·
Registered
3,371 Posts
Yes it works ... Iwas able to download it & play it.... Although I'm on my work craptop and the speaker sux... is that one of your cats?

Don

·
Registered
600 Posts
Dayle,
I am at home and i got it....worked fine but i think you had the microphone a bit to close i could hear the wind from the exaust blowing onto the microphone...try moving it back and re recording it...other than that it worked fine:)

·
Registered
3,141 Posts
You have mail!

·
Registered
3,201 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Don, yes that is Ruby, Dave, mike was held over the engine not at the pipes, the wind noise is the fan [no shroud]. Was trying to get the idling sound to come thru' as I am sick of asking about my timing and having all the 'experts' tell me how to improve hp, I just want an honest opinion of whether it sounds rough or not and yet of the 3 'experts' I have asked locally, 2 have told me what to get for hp, no help on timing and the other one said I must bring it in and leave it for the day, no way in hell am I leaving her anywhere. Did not want to make too much noise as she is parked about 5 metres from my neighbours front door and I recorded that at about 9pm.

·
Registered
3,371 Posts
Whats the timing set at Now??

Don

·
Registered
3,201 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yes, well, uuummm, thats a good question Don. No idea, an "expert" set it at 6 btdc even tho I told him about the cam, she would hardly even reverse after that, so I told him to reset her back to what it was, he refused, said I would stuff up my crank and I think he then just upped the idling, got home and we set it ourselves by ear, been like that ever since. We did try and check with the timing light but some twit went and painted about 5 different timing marks in white, got to get rid of them and repaint my spot.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts