Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
http://www.mercurycougar.net/forums/showthread.php?50647-New-67-project-car!!
Well here we are about 8-9 months from picking this car up and starting to make a little headway so I thought I'd post a few pics. Still haven't got it on the rack to do a thorough underside inspection but that will be coming soon. The engine was reputedly an under 100k virgin from a 66 Ranchero and it certainly looks that way upon teardown.....beautiful cylinder walls- perfect candidate for hone and rering, haven't decided on the lower end yet. Bought a nice console-$100. Picked up a set of E-7 heads, fresh valve job, screw in studs, viton seals, guideplates, etc for $90. Also found a vitually unused set of comp cams roller tip rockers for $30....thank you Craigslist. Trans is apart and in process of cleaning and detailing. Next up will be brakes and suspension. Having a blast with my 13 year old(she's a natural)-wish I could have done this with my 3 older daughters too. more soon, Dan maddys cougar project 008 (Small).jpg maddys cougar project 009 (Small).jpg maddys cougar project 010 (Small).jpg

·
Registered
7,552 Posts
Looks really good! While you have that out, if you want to help prevent it from leaking, you will need to replace the seal on the side of the trans, where the shifter arm bolts on. This does not come in a standard rebuild kit, and I'm sure that you, like all the other Ford owners will be disappointed when your new trans leaks...

·
Registered
11,950 Posts
Way cool! Bet I know who's gonna inherit daddy's tools! ;>)

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
Very cool. Reminds me of buying a welder for my younger daughter's (now 21, married, and gone to Colorado Springs) 16th birthday. She loved welding class in school and wanted to do stuff at home.

Whatever it takes to help your kids enjoy something of real value in this world.

·
Registered
1,483 Posts
Question is.......Who's car is going to run first Dan's or Maddy's ....... Hope the transmission works as well as mine!!!

Has it been 3 years already...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts