Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I got my 67, the dash turn signals didn't blink, and would only click a few times. The outer lights on the sequential lights didn't work on both sides. Bulbs were ok and i noticed the sequential box, which is an aftermarket box had a plastic cap that can be removed. I removed the cap, cleaned the contacts and now lights work. All lights, front, back, brake, reverse, emergency work but I get no dash blink and just a few click then it stops. The dash light stays on and dims a little but no blink. Read a few articles, and I've checked all that they say is wrong but can't resolve this. Any help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
205 Posts
there is an under dash flasher to the left of the radio bezel which i believe controls this. available most auto parts places, i'd check napa. or it could be a short circuit

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Found my problem, sort of. When I was testing the lights, I was sitting in the driveway with either the car off or idling. Took it out today for a quick spin and everything worked as it should, except... When stopped at a red light, the dash turn signal would eventually stop. Like the articles said, it's either a battery or the charging system. Car did sit before I bought it, so a new battery may be the place to start. THANKS everyone!

·
Registered
1,853 Posts
JohnBoy, First I had read that article thanks. Good one to keep around.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts