Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I'm new and I'm just got me a 67 cougar. Other then the floor pans the only major rust issue is the dash frame. I have removed it and i have chosen to go a different way with the car. I hope i don't upset members but this is were I'm at so far on the dash. Its a 97 cobra dash.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,471 Posts
Welcome to the forum. I hope you're short as it looks like that dash will take away some of the knee room and may get in the way for ingress/egresss. You probably should convert it to power windows since the window crank looks like it may be covered up by the dash.

·
Registered
565 Posts
Welcome to the forum. That is creative. Interested to see how well it will fit. I presume you are going to run in cobra gauges, vents, speakers etc? If that is the case it might be easier to cut out the 67 dash frame and graft in the cobra dash frame. Has can of worms written all over it. The coolest mods do though.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yes it still needs some trimming done but i think it'll work. i do plan on using the gouges,vents,etc. i have cut out the old 67 dash frame it was bad off. i wasn't to get it pushed in the the fire wall as much as i can. i did some trimming today but i am planing on doing the floor pans this week so i can lay down to get a good fit under the dash, just waiting on my rust bullet to come in. I plan on doing a headliner to something other then the bow type. Photo0772[1].jpg Photo0770[1].jpg

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
with a bit more fitting i think it'll work. i have already cut out the old 67 dash frame. it was toast any how. ill get so more pix as i get more into it. Photo0772[1].jpg

·
Registered
913 Posts
A man after my own heart, cut um up!!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts