Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm probably the last Cat owner in the civilized world that did not know this, but just in case..
Mustangs Unlimited is currently selling repro dash pad ($329) and ABS dash caps ($60) for the 67/68

·
Registered
117 Posts
What about '69, does anybody make one them.

·
Registered
3 Posts
'69 Dash cap

I think you are SOL. :cry: I've tried all the standard companies looking for a '70 dash pad with no luck. A couple different companies claim to have a mold for the 69/70 but have not started making them yet (It's been about 2 years). You might try dashcaps.com they at least still send me updates.

·
Registered
519 Posts
I'm a little confused here.
Are the dash caps at dashcaps.com just hard covers or full dash replacements?

Their prices for a 67/68 Cougar dashcap(?) is 1/3 the cost of the dash replacement offered by Mustangs unlimited.

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
Dash caps are just what it sounds like, a cap that is glued on top of your existing dash pad. My brother has one in his 69 Mustang and you really cant tell it from stock. 69-70 Mustang replacement dash pads are very expensive also.

Someone is making a 69-70 Cougar dash cap now! I seen them being sold on e-bay so there out there I would imagine, just where I'm not sure. mm

·
Registered
433 Posts
So can a cap fix the dash if it is warped?

·
Registered
145 Posts
dashes

I saw a segment on the show "my classic car" where they visited a place called just dashes that specializes in repairing dashe pads and door panels for older cars. I got a quote from them online for my 69. they said $600 for the dash in black and $350.00 for thew door panels. Some moron who owned my car previously cut huge holes in the top of the door panels near the dashpad for some speakers but they interferred with the window and it's now all eff'd up.

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
No a cap probably wont fix a west coast warp!! Just usally there for covering up some cracks. mm

·
Registered
519 Posts
I saw a dash cap today on ebay for 67/68's going for about $30 bucks if anyone is interested.

Now that I know what a dash cap is i'm considering one but still leaning toward a full dash replacement.

·
Contributing Member
2,897 Posts
larrys thunderbird and mustang has the dash pad in reproduction and available for 479.95 how just dashes gets away with that price i will never know unless your wanting it in actual color without die. check it out here http://www.larrysmustang.com/Catalog/partsearch.php3?must[]=1969&catid=BC906151186
as to the door panels check around i am getting mine repaired for 75.00 for my xr7 so you might want to check in your local area. Just dashes does good work but the comand a steep price tag and unless you have no other choice go to them.

·
Registered
3 Posts
69/70 dash

Hey yarddog:

There is a 69/70 dash pad on ebay Item # 1855281458 going for $50 right now. Auction ends Sep-05-02 15:08:41 ....

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
dash pad

Keep looking on Ebay. I found one for $100. I'm waiting for the shipment from Canada right now.:) My original looks like the Grand Canyan. No dash cap could hide that!!! :p:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts