Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey I was wondering if anyone has had an alternative idea to the dash pads for a 67/68? The original ones are expensive and hard to find and the new ones I hear don't fit well. Don't know if its possible to make your own?....thanks

Josh

·
Registered
2,055 Posts
There is supposed to be someone reproducing a pad that is much better than the current repros. Don was teasing us with them about six months ago.

·
Registered
1,853 Posts
Yup Don was teasing us but I think the end outcome and I hope that I am wrong was that who ever was doing it pretty much gave up! Would have loved to be able to find a good reproduction. My current dash is pretty nice but it does have a couple of pimples in it. Little air bubbles I think.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The car I'm building isn't stock by any means so I was wondering if anyone built a dash pad out of metal or something else. Not really looking at covers for the dash pad either since I don't have one.
Thanks,
Josh

·
Registered
105 Posts
You'd still need something under the cap, even if it's just foam filler. I was missing the dash pad too, so I bought an old cracked pad for $15 from a parted out car and put on the cap. It's not as soft as the original, but it ended up looking nice!

·
Registered
1,569 Posts
I saw someone here change over there dash to a Mustang dash. The center dips in the center and you would have to change over to the Mustang bezels.

·
Registered
389 Posts
when i was taking mine apart i was really trying to save the dash pad for anyone who needed one for a cap or similar (i have a new dash pad already) but it was waay too far gone to do anything with but touch and watch fall apart. its in the landfill if anyone wants it haha

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
thanks to everyone for your help. It's hard to justify buying a reproduction or used one for $400, seems a little steep for me. I think I will try to find one for cheap and buy the cap for it. From what i've read on reviews they seem like they look good. Thanks again,
Josh

1 - 11 of 11 Posts