Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,145 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know of a good die for the dash?
Also how to remove a 70 dash.
the extra dash i have is green and the extra seats i have are red and the interior is blue on the good car. that would look funny.
You wouldn't want to look at it with a hangover.

·
Premium Member
2,048 Posts
Absolutely. Head down to your local Pep Boys. They carry a product called "Molecubond" in the paints section. It's a vinyl/leather dye and let me tell you, it works damn good. I used it on the majority of my 69 XR7 interior, including the seats and dash. It's been over a year since I did it and it still looks brand new.

I can't rave about it enough.

Dashes are easy to remove, just start removing screws, you'll find them all pretty easily once you start actually doing it.

·
Premium Member
3,404 Posts
When you die the dash, etc. make sure it is spotless. Give them a good scrubbing, then with a good wax and grease remover. And they will last along time.High use areas (seats, arm pads,etc.) especially get REAL clean first.

Rick

·
Contributing Member
2,897 Posts
question about my dash

I have a 70 dash i am installing but need to redye it is overall great except for a blister that long ago popped. the vinal is in good shape just like the paint came loose. anyone any idea how to blen this with out destroying the vinyle?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts