Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have removed the dash front face and trim and now want to remove the next layer so that the plastic chrome can be re-painted. I am having trouble removing the dash and the chrome/plastic area - around the gauges. Does anyone have a video or link that will show me how to get these pieces off? Thanks!!

·
Registered
2,991 Posts
For what year Cougar? John

·
Premium Member
2,364 Posts
All I remember from when I removed mine was that I had to feel around up behind the dash to locate the speed nuts that hold the bezels in place. It's easier on the passenger side if you remove the glove box as well. As I recall, you can remove the gauge cluster with the gauges still connected; there is enough play in the wires to allow it to come loose. The one thing I can't remember is whether or not I needed to remove the dash pad. I did remove it, but I'm not sure I needed to.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well, I ended up taking it all out!! Sweating my a** off!! I will now repaint those areas. She should be ready to do in the next month. Waiting on wheels - ordered in May for keystone classics - still not in.................TY for your help!!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts