Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3,371 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys.....
As most of you know I now am the proud ower of tiffany:D .
Here's the question. Every thing I read says it should have a chrome engine dress up option installed., but Tiffany does not... The Marty report says it was ordered with this option. All you DGS owners.... Does yours have the chrome dress up kit? Also, Where can I get the dress up kit and what does it have in it? All I got is a chrome oil cap:rolleyes: LMKWYT?

Don

·
Registered
35 Posts
congratulations on your win Don even tho i spent $200 on tickets, but i'm sure it goes to a good thing. regarding the DGS, on mine it has the dress up kit (chrome: air cleaner lid, the rad cap, oil dipstick, valve covers) the turbine wheel covers and F70 x 14 whitewalls and of course the decal. You get any of these things (except the turbine wheel covers) at John's classic cougars, mustang/cougars unlimited and i think mustang country has some of those things and i'm sure the other venders carry these

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
Hey Don, I checked my "DGS" ad and it specifies all what Wylder indicated but did not go into details about the "chrome engine dress-up kit". :rolleyes:

·
Registered
89 Posts
Dan Gurney Special

I have a 67 DGS along with its original Window Sticker. The package cost $55.14.
The Chrome Engine package that is on my 67 (289) are the following:
Air Cleaner lid, Valve Covers, Master Cyl cover, dipstick, oil cap and radiator cap.
Besides the engine dress up DGS inlcuded the turbine wheel covers, pin stripe, Decor interior, F 70 WSW tires, and special car of the year decal. There is ONE ad for DGS that lists what was part of the package. I have it scanned if you want me to send it to you.

David

1 - 4 of 4 Posts