1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,704 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
5,633 Posts
I've seen the car. For a race car it looks good. For a show car, it is lacking a lot. It has an interesting history, TV show and all. It that is important to you, then this is your pearl. If you are looking for a nice Cougar, you can find a lot of alternatives for this kind of money.

·
Registered
1,853 Posts
Car looks cool but definitely not what I would want as my own. Outside I think is sharp, intierior just doesn't look cougar to me.

·
Registered
1,936 Posts
"Since its completion by Barry's Speed Shop, Competition Engine Development of Phoenix has disassembled, inspected and reconstructed the engine, driveline and chassis components."

Unless it was driven a lot, what was the reason for the above? I had the impression that they had already done a very good job on it.

·
Registered
5,633 Posts
The first engine was assembled poorly and I think blew up. The other issues had to do with the work not being really sorted out or complete. It is reported to be a solid driver now, and it looks like for $1000 you can take a test drive and find out. LOL!

·
Registered
1,936 Posts
The first engine was assembled poorly and I think blew up. The other issues had to do with the work not being really sorted out or complete. It is reported to be a solid driver now, and it looks like for $1000 you can take a test drive and find out. LOL!
You'd think from it being on a TV show that "they" would have found one of the best in the business to do the engine work and that the chosen individual(s) would have done their very best on the engine. Their reputation is on the line. Maybe someone on the show got the job for their buddy or something. This doesn't look good for Barry's Speed Shop.

·
Registered
386 Posts
Didn't that make 50K at auction?
For some reason I thought it was in the $35,000 range. It went for lower than they thought I know that. Seems like a low price considering how much extra work he had to put into it. I agree that the exterior looks great but I don't like the interior. Good for a racer I guess but not for a daily driver.

·
Premium Member
413 Posts
I think $35K is about right.

As far as the exterior, I think the SMC logo on the hood looks a little tacky and out of place. They could have done a lot better job sizing the Team Cougar Logo and the 98 doesn't look quite right to me. Also, where is the Castrol logo!?! I'm not picky, but getting the logos correct should have been easy.

·
Registered
735 Posts
I'm with you Adam. That was a gripe of mine at the time the car was being built. The Team Cougar logo is all funky. Correct decals that I made for David Tom were available at the time for purchase thru his Racepast website. Easy enough fotr the builders to locate, I would think.

Although, there may have been some usage issues regarding putting existing company names/logos like Castrol on a car that is being built on TV and then sold for profit.

·
Registered
191 Posts
I thought the same thing about the interior. The cars exterior looks good but the Super Muscle Car logo matches the interior, just seems out of place to me.
Steven

1 - 12 of 12 Posts