Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
542 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know this may upset some of the purists and for that I apologize but I am curious. What kind of custom mods have you guys done? Ex...has any body ever put the tail light from a '70 on a '68? Give me some ideas.

·
Premium Member
13,577 Posts
I'm sure this isn't what you had in mind, but Isabel (my '69 XR7 'vert) has a modern DIN Kenwood MP3/Ipod capable stereo in a custom modified repro bezel (with correct woodgrain I might add!), outboard HD module, dual Pioneer dash speaker, Kenwood door speakers, two button alarm with power door locks, later model Ford power trunk release tied to alarm w/gas strut trunk support for spoiler, ignition disable, stealth (hidden inside the car) MSD 6AL triggered by a Duraspark distributor, custom variable rev limiter "dial-a-rev-limit" by ECI Bob, 351C with 302C Aussie heads, Air Gap manifold, Holley list 4777 650 DP carb, full length headers, custom (built by me) 2 1/4" 409 stainless exhaust (modified a Heartthrob 'stang HT header-back kit), Magnaflow SS mufflers, WR toploader 4 speed with modified Hurst Competition Plus shifter and reverse switch, LED dash lighting, Shelby chrome export brace and monte carlo bar, Global West subframe connectors, Cal-Tracs traction bars, 285/40-17 Nitto N555 on 17 x 19 Foose Legend rims rear, 245/45-17 Nitto N555 on 17 x 8 Foose Legend rims front, later model Ford intermittent wiper switch/module, H1/H4 Halogen headlights with relay kit, 4 wheel Cobra discs with adjustable rear proportioning valve and custom E-brake cables, AEM air fuel gauge with wideband O2 sensor in exhaust crossover, the list goes on but I'm old and can't remember everything.

How's that?

·
Registered
2,518 Posts
Not too sure you would call it very custom, but here is one of my favorite pieces on my car, the gauge cluster

And then the aftermarket shifter I got to fit in the factory console

Other than that, I have done many, and plan on many more mods to mine

·
Contributing Member
6,137 Posts

·
Registered
11,950 Posts
Purists - Shmirists - cars were made to be played with. Drive it like you stole it! Whatever floats your boat is really what its about IMO.....I don't like the "rat rod" stuff much - but if you like tractor seats on the roof and rusty spikes sticking outta the bumper - more power to you!! My preference is factory looks with modern upgrades - and reluctantly the "required" equipment if you want to play on weekends....another story there..

1 - 8 of 8 Posts