Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
13,577 Posts
By "standard" you mean the ugly chrome one? I don't blame you. I think the sport mirrors are nice, but I am of course partial. Leon's sound interesting. As Chuck posted, got any pics Leon?

·
Registered
2,680 Posts

·
Registered
269 Posts
no, I haven't bought any yet

·
Contributing Member
5,865 Posts

The mirrors are currently mounted lower down the door because the PO had put holes there and I've never got around to fixing them and remounting the mirrors in the correct position. The head of the mirror is similar to the Cougar sports mirror

·
Registered
233 Posts

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
The mirrors are currently mounted lower down the door because the PO had put holes there and I've never got around to fixing them and remounting the mirrors in the correct position. The head of the mirror is similar to the Cougar sports mirror[/QUOTE]

thanks for the photo, looks nice
as you said, the head looks pretty much the same,only the foot ( dont know how to call it , where the head is attached to...) is to big for me, not my style,
the link i posted looks perfect ( for me then ) nice mirror and a small ''foot"

only need to know if it will fit nicely , a litlle bit of modifcation won't be a problem.

Greets

·
Registered
269 Posts
Have you tried photoshopping any of these mirrors? If you don't have photoshop and decide on a few mirrors I could try to whip up a rendition as I am trying to get more practice with the software. Just make sure the mirrors can somewhat be "pasted" to look like they belong on the donor car, i.e. car and mirror photo taken from the same angle. I can shrink and expand or even rotate, just not sure about skewing yet.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Have you tried photoshopping any of these mirrors? If you don't have photoshop and decide on a few mirrors I could try to whip up a rendition as I am trying to get more practice with the software. Just make sure the mirrors can somewhat be "pasted" to look like they belong on the donor car, i.e. car and mirror photo taken from the same angle. I can shrink and expand or even rotate, just not sure about skewing yet.
Thanks for the offer,but i have a good idea of how the mirrors would fit the cougar
The problem is, will they fit on the door where the original mirror stands......

Greets

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Not sure how the 70 differs from other years, but on my 68, the 67/68 mirrors for mustang does not fit very well, as the pedestal is different than the one on the Cougar, it can be used but does not fit perfectly,
well i bought the mirror and its a nice fit :)

shall take a picture one of these days....
Greets

·
Registered
11,950 Posts
I like the sports mirrors myself, but the problem is that the cougars are different in the base of the mirror (69's and 70's) than all the other cars produced at the time. I think it's due to the angle it was mounted on the car and the height of it too. I bought a passenger side off a Torino once thinking it was correct and it wasn't (leaned in to much). I probably could have made it work with some grinding on the base and drilling to re-tap it but I didn't. Leons looks pretty good though....just much lower than stock.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts