Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i was wondering if anyone in SoCal or somewhere near here, knows of a shop or somebody that could make something for me. i wanted to make a custom grille i guess, the headlight cover things. i have a really cool idea, but i have no clue on how to do it myself, so i was wondering if anyone would know how to work with metal.

·
Registered
5,299 Posts
i kind of know a guy, but hes not gonna be cheap. any kind of custom fabrication is gonna cost alot. this guy is good though, he teaches a metal fabrication class at my school. awesome work.

·
Premium Member
5,758 Posts
Steve,
does he do any billett alumn. pieces? like make them from scratch? Iam considering making the instrument cluster and around the tach out of billett alumn. But may go w/ a polished stainless steel piece and put like ribbed slots in it for a custom design.
thanks
pat

·
Contributing Sr Motorhead
5,470 Posts
Pat,

What, you didn't like the way Logan made his own? ;) There realy isn't much to it. In fact I did the same thing when I put all Stewart-Warner gauges into my 74 (shhhh) Camaro. Now if you really want the billet look and cut flutes and all, you're gonna have to have access to a milling machine. Just about any machinist worth a damn could do it. The question is do you realy want to pay for it? LOL!

·
Registered
5,299 Posts
Pat, yeah i think he can do that. ive been to his shop before and he does alot of work. love the way he does automotive fabrication too.... doesnt use any bondo.. all metal finished. oh yeah lol. ill ask though next saturday when i see him next.

·
Registered
5,299 Posts
hmm.. i dont have it offhand, but i will pick it up this Saturday and see if i can get a card or something. hes really good though.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts