Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Contributing Member
2,897 Posts
ummm very in any car of this era, as to actual numbers i dont think anyone can actually give you that but it is a very desireble feature.

·
Contributing Member
797 Posts
Cruise Control

Why do you ask? Do you have one? Looking to restore mine and it had one.

Steve

·
Registered
429 Posts
My '68 XR-7 has it. It's not running right now so I don't know if it works, but it appears to have all the parts.

·
Contributing Member
797 Posts
Dave, is it possible to e-mail me some pics of the items under the hood? I remember ther being something near the firewall in front of the pass and then also something behind the carb. It would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Steve

[email protected]

·
Registered
429 Posts
I have some pics at home somewhere. I'll see if I can dig them up for you.

·
Contributing Member
2,897 Posts
tim where is CBTN? add the link in our links section if it isnt there. and i stand corrected we do know how many. at least came from the factory anyhow.

·
Registered
429 Posts
I didn't get a chance to dig up the pictures but if I recall correctly, there is a box on the passenger side fender apron that has the speedometer cable connected to it with a few vacuum lines and a small vacuum operated diaphram unit connected to the carb linkage to control the gas pedal. Hopefully, tonight, I'll get a chance to get the pictures.

·
Registered
429 Posts
I posted two pictures in the gallery of the cruise control parts under the hood.

·
Banned
4,754 Posts
1 - 12 of 12 Posts