Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
406 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well it's 5 in the morning in good old San Jose CA and wouldn't you know it, I've been up all night thinking of quite possibly some of the dumbest things ever conjured up. First dumb idea was to make a movie called "Crouching Cougar Hidden Headlights," an obvious parody of "Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon" In this movie Ford Mustang owners would fight Chevy Camaro owners until the Cougar steps up and just kills 'em all. Well I thought of that then I tried to go to sleep again, but then I started thinking of the last time I was in a hardware store. I particularly remembered the plumbing section. I recalled the flexible steel hoses that you put under your sink, or some people have them on their shower-head. Well I was thinking, why don't cheap people put those on their engines; they're cheaper then steel braided hoses and in a bind I bet they could do the job temporarily. That was dumb idea number 2. I tried to go to bed again then I started thinking of how great it would be to see some front wheel drive import pull up to the starting line at a drag race in reverse, then when the light turns green floor it and see if he could get the back end to raise up. A reverse wheelie in a Front Wheel Drive import! Now I really want to see that, someone should look into it. That was a good idea, but we'll call it dumb idea number 3. Anyway I know I'm not the only one with stupid ideas, I just saw in the latest issue of Car Craft a guy who wanted to reroute his heater blower into his intake to get a weak supercharger effect. I swear I had that exact same idea a while back! Dumb idea number 4. If I'm not the only one with stupid ideas, then what our yours? I tell you, my mom already knows what great work I can do turning her bobby pins into cotter pins (dumb idea number 5). As a little update on my 68 XR7's restoration, It's going real well. I need a job though, I am very low on funds. If anyone out there in the San Jose Bay Area is looking to hire a 17 year old kid with lots of dumb ideas, I'll be here!

·
Registered
163 Posts
Must be something in the water round here

If you'd indicated wanting to actually buy a GM product then we would all start to worry. :p

·
Contributing Member
162 Posts
Excellent humor for first thing in the morning there Chadinman!!!! You gave me a laugh and got me thinking...how bout "Cat on a Hot Tin Roof" or "Battle Star Catactica" or "Gone in 6 Seconds - starring nothing but super mod Coug's".... anyway, it was fun thinking about it.

Thanks for the early morning chuckle and BTW, you are not far from Hayward, CA are you?

Dale

·
Registered
406 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
No, I'm not too far from Hayward. San Jose is a fine little ride from Hayward, but it's not too far. Maybe half an hour with no traffic, if you're lucky.

·
Registered
3,141 Posts
Those were great, Chadinman - thanks, Ireally needed taht at the end of a lonnnng week.
Hey, do you think that we could find a MaryKay lady witha French accent? We could do some remakes of Peter Sellers' classics like "The Pink Cougar", "The Pink Cougar Strikes Again", "Return of the Pink Cougar", "Revenge of the Pink Cougar"......maybe we could use Mimi from the Drew Carey Show as the villian........

·
Registered
3,141 Posts
The tears are running down my face! :p
What a nut job!!! :D
Logan: This guy deserves a free membership! :p

·
Registered
406 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Excellent site Tim B. Ultra funny, the "Fuel Injector Cleaner for Carbureted Engines" and the "O-Pipe" sent me laughing like a fool! Here is a sight that has always made me laugh: http://www.riceboypage.com It's a good page that makes fun of imports, here is a direct quote, "That day someone told me to fix my alignment. I wonder what that is... That must mean my rims are good." Have fun - Chad

·
Registered
2,691 Posts
He's Korean

I've seen the site a long time ago......funny as hell. He doesn't make fun of imports per se. He's admitted only to owning a Mazda, nothing specific other than he does race it in slalom events. What he IS making fun of is the stupid boy racers that have their Honda Civic (or whatever) plastered with decals, huge wings, lowered beyond practicality and big tip exhausts that do nothing for performance. He's made fun of Sunbirds, Cavaliers and Saturns too. He's right of course, it's tacky and stupid.

In San Diego where we both live (no, I don't know him) they are everywhere. But it's nothing new. Back in the 70's, :) (makes me sound OLD!) lots of guys did that to their cars too. Jacked up Novas with 307s and STP stickers, Cherry Bomb muffler (single) with decal and racing stripes. It was tacky then and it's tacky now. Of course they were really fast! LOL

He's pointed out that even if the Civic did have a turbo and had all the mods they allude to it would still be cheaper to buy a SS Camaro or Cobra and get better performance.

Tim B
1969 XR7 428 CJR convertible
http://members.aol.com/timbrands/index.html

·
Registered
13 Posts
Thank you Tim B....
I'm from the US and I own a 1967 Cougar XR7.My mechanic says that I need my exhaust valve seats re-upolstered due to the excessisve use of "today's gas".

I have set up an appointment with "The Furniture Guys" (TM) and they claim they can rectify my problem in 4 to 6 weeks.My question is....

Should I go with the topgrain American cowhide or wait for the Northern Tibetan Yak skin to come back in style,as I plan to have my fully restored,un-nuetered cat back on the road in less than three years ?.............You have thirty seconds......
HAHAHHA.....just kidding!

GREAT SITE!
Almost as good as this one.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts