Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5,299 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my neighbor owns a 68 C...C...Camaro ( GASP!) but its all the way out in Ohio. its on his fathers property and his father wants the car gone. so he wants to bring it out here. the problem is that getting it here wont be easy. i dont think it runs but thats why we want it here. it will be a job for me to restore it so i want it here as well. ( im a resto nut so sue me ) the car is in Ohio and the ZIP is 44512. we are in Norwalk California and the ZIP is 90650. that alone lets you know how far we really are. its a 68 and its a legit RS so he does want it here. his dad is ready to sell it for $1500! so we definatly need to get it here soon before that happens. if anyone can help me get a quote or a company that can do this for a reasonable price. let me know. im sure some of the rust belt friends have probably done this so any help would be great.

·
Registered
210 Posts
James :1poke: Steve

Hey Steve, I know your friend wants to get that Camaro out here but it's gonna cost a pretty good chunk of change to do it unless you have a hook up somewhere.

So on that note... If it turns out that transportation can't be aranged, I am very interested in buying your friends Camaro. The camaro is one of my dream cars as my father owns an all original '67 RS... had that car longer than he's had me! I was suppoesed to recieve the car upon my "coming of age" but that one never happened, not that I really expected it to. Hell, I wouldn't give that car away if I was my dad either! I'm actually going back to Cincinnati, Ohio at the end of June. I would really aoppreciate it if you could put me in touch with your friend to see if we can't work out a deal for the Camaro. I can't afford to transport it back to Cali at this time but I've contacted my inlaws and they are willing to let me store it in their garage untill the time comes for me to get it back out here. Where in Ohio is the Camaro located? Look forward to hearing from you Steve.

·
Registered
633 Posts
I just tried!

A couple of weeks ago i called around and couldnt get a cougar transported for less than 1200 bucks........Open Trans, From Chicago. I think that pretty close to the same distance......If you find a cheap transport let me know..........I still want that coug.

Thanks Tad.:D

·
Registered
5,299 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i found a place for him that will ship it for 965 open transport. would have been 825, but it doesnt run right now. he thinks thats reasonable so he looks like he will bring it out this way. well see. Bones.. i just emailed ya with the other details of it. id type it here, but im lazy lol.

·
Registered
162 Posts
a steal

thats a great price for transporting a non-running car.i'm in trucking but dont haul cars.....but i talk to car haulers alot,a running car hauls cheaper!!!!!1

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
Yeah Edsal, but dont forget how many cars are getting hauled on the same load for that money. There doing alright.mm

·
Registered
2,145 Posts
just had my cougar shipped from phoenix to houston for 600$

S&S towing, but i think they were out of phonix. they were headed for ohio and michigan. so they must go all over the place.

it shiped with two other car too. all from desert valley auto.

·
Registered
162 Posts
houston to phoenix is about 1200 miles,about 50 cents per mile at a $600.00 rate.from chicago to los angeles is about 2000 mile ,rate should be about 1000.00.......anything less is a bargain.......shop around......alot of car carriers cross country and may bargain for that last car to fill load.....good luck!

·
Registered
76 Posts
Car Hauling

In 2000 I had a running car shipped from Sacramento CA to Detroit for just over $700. I used DAS which has ads on ebay. It was an open hauler and I was happy with them.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts