Mercury Cougar Owners banner
21 - 26 of 26 Posts
That whole package looks like a pretty good deal and properly done.....Doesn't sound like they skimped on anything. Should be solid/reliable and peppy. I can't find anything to pick apart - ARP hardware, COMP Cam, maged/checked, hardened seats, screw in studs,....just like I'd ask for if I wanted to build one. and a warranty - I'd call them and ask about specifics on that but it sounds like you should pull the trigger if they sound respectable and sincere.....

Discussion starter · #22 ·
I pulled the trigger:) I have been taliking to the owner (Darl) several times in the last month. Nice guy!! He called me and ask if I wanted painted or chrome valve covers. I didn't know I had the option. 100% Feed Back,..... Can't wait for it to get here.

Right on! Glad your trigger finger was itchy! One less thing to ponder, but a bit of work ahead of you....

Discussion starter · #24 ·
How much oil goes in a rebuilt c4? Do fill the converter before the mate with the engine? I don't want oil spilling out of the trans when I pulled them. Yuck! what a mess I had to clean up! The Trans shop told me to put 4 quarts in before start up and 4 more when the new motor is breaking in. Why is it called "Breaking in"? I don't like the term 'Break" when it comes to a new motor! Ha ha

Thanks

I'm new here. I just posted "Intake manifold". I will also be looking at buying a new create 302 motor soon. My poor Cat has over 202,000 miles on it, but it still runs good. I just cleaned up the top end and chassis, so I will see if I can get a few more miles out of it. As you know my "86" Cat has peanuts down there when it comes to horse power (about 150 new). Sad thing is I have to deal with emissions, so my create motor has to be stock. I'm close to Phoenix, so maybe I will go with Blue monkey as well. Thanks for all the good info..

Yep - you should add some to the Torque connverter by pouring it into the hole where the shaft goes, then slip it onto the shaft and be sure everything lines up and engauges properly. Also when you mate the thing up to the block, be asolutley sure that it goes on without needing to be "drawn" on by using the bolts! If the teeth and gears mesh up right it should butt up almost flush by itself with no forcing. It's way easier to drop it in whole than to try and wrestle the trans in after you drop the block in the car! If your running full lenght headers you will want to more or less lay them into place before you drop the assembly in and it will be easier if you try to line them up as it goes in.....sounds like you are on the home stretch! ;>) Love it when a plan comes together!! :smoke:

21 - 26 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.