Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
2,055 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I'm selling my very rare 1969 Ford Couger because I no longer have the time to work on it or a place to store it. I also don't have any funds and we are moving. I am the second owner of this car, I got it off a guy in Virginia who bought it from a lady in California. It's the rare GTE with the boss 289 motor. I did a few upgrades to it like an Elderbrock intake and some new air fresheners. It doesn't have no miles on it since my cousin and I rebuilt it cause it won't run. There is no rust except for some holes in the floorboards and the doors and a couple in the quarter panels and trunk. And the roof where the vinal top was. All the original glass is on it and the windshield isn't broken. This would make a good project for someone if they wanted a rare car. It's worth $165,000 when it's finished. I'm asking $40,000 for it and I won't take less so don't ask. I know what the car is worth. I don't know how to post any pictures so you have to come look. I almost got a Marty report but I didn't have time. I don't have a title or any proof I own it but my wife will tell you it's mine.

·
Premium Member
1,276 Posts
so... I get it for 40k, turn around and sell it for 165K?

geez, skip the middle man and go for the big bucks!:evil:

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
I admit, I am NOT a Cougar expert, let alone a 69 FORD COUGER GTE with a 289 expert.

With that said, why would someone pay 40k for a car without a title? I am also wondering how he is the 2nd. owner, when TWO others owned it before him, I believe that makes him the 3rd. owner.

Pictures would be a big plus.

I wish you well Al,

Dale in Indy

·
Registered
1,853 Posts
A 289 GTE? Probably make my little 390 look pretty shabby! No rust either cept a bunch of holes in the floor, quarters and some on the roof. 40,000 sounds like a steal! Glad I didn't have to pay that much for a rust free big block xr7!

·
Registered
1,483 Posts
I think I met his brother was trying to sell a rust free car when I pointed out the big holes where the rear quaters used to be he said no rust all ready cut it all out!!!! Ha stupid me!!!

·
Registered
349 Posts
Sounds like a nice car. Are the rust holes easy to fix? And could you spray the car with water and email me the pics? Would really appreciate it.
Thanks,
desertdave55

·
Premium Member
4,105 Posts
I thought the pictures were useless with out a thread...

·
Registered
11,950 Posts
The wife said she loves him too....but theres no proof! LOL

·
Registered
442 Posts
Hey Al, maybe we could trade, I have a bunch of never worn but washed several times "Brand Name" tennis shoes I could trade you CHEAP! They're about 5 years old with some odd and end sizes,.. Man I got a whole WalMart store full of them!

·
Registered
2,260 Posts
Yeah, i was reading a post for a 93 Cobra the other day that had "3 original owners". I let out a big old HA! HA! and the wife thought I was a nut. Or maybe I confirmed the suspicions she already had >.>

·
Registered
2,055 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I admit, I am NOT a Cougar expert, let alone a 69 FORD COUGER GTE with a 289 expert.

With that said, why would someone pay 40k for a car without a title? I am also wondering how he is the 2nd. owner, when TWO others owned it before him, I believe that makes him the 3rd. owner.

Pictures would be a big plus.
Dale in Indy
E-mail response to Dale's inquiry;

I am a expert on this car. I owned it for 10 years and my brother in law Joe Bob had a Ford back when we was in school so's I know all about them. Someone will buy this car without a title cause you won't never find one this rare. And I'm the 2nd owner after the lady who bought it new.

I had the naybur kid come over so I could send a picture and you could see what a rare car looks like.

parody.jpg

Disclaimer - This thread is just a parody and consists of things I have actually read over the last couple years on Craigslist. No offense is meant to anyone especially not Dale, it's all in good fun. And if you really do have a brother in law named Joe Bob I'm sure he's a really nice guy and give him my regards.

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
You forgot to do that ad in ALL CAPITAL LETTERS. FOR SALE FORD COUGER WITH CUSTOM RIMS AND HERST SHIFTER WITH FUZZY SEAT COVERS

·
Premium Member
252 Posts
Al,

I have been absent for so long I thought maybe I had mistaken you for someone else. I saw this post and though "is he serious?" Al would never post something like this for real would he?

LOL - thanks for the laugh, you had me going for a sec. Gotta love the Craigs list ads.

1 - 20 of 52 Posts