Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
751 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I srtuck gold, but I'm worried about fool's gold here. I need the bold patern size for a 73 XR7. I found a cool guy who's willing to sell me a complete set of Crager rims for $100 even. He took them off of a 68 stang that saw some race action by these rims. He put the original rims on the pony, and wants to sell these. I need to know if they'll work before I say yes. I'd love to have them, and they're less than the American Racing Torq-Thrusts that I was looking at first. Tires are gonna cost more, but the look of WIDE back wheels is appealing to me. I'm also going to do a few perf mods next semester in engines. I just need to know about the wheels right now. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
751 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
THanks for the good news, Rick. I'll have em in a couple of weeks, gotta save the cash first.

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
Snag em'!

·
11,000 Posts
If the Cragers have the Uni - slot bolt pattern stay away from them. They have slotted lug nut holes to fit Ford (5 X 4 1/2") or Chevy (5 X who cares?) bolt patterns. They wear in the lug holes and then your car has a vibration when you drive.

If they are the older Cragers made before about 1975 that have round holes for the lug nuts go for it!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts