Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After it rains (especially after Irene last week), the drivers and passengers side floors are wet. I currently am replacing the felts and vent window weatherstrips since they were shot, but as I've read other posts, I think my problem is a leaking cowl. I don't have a garage and I'd rather not use a car cover so I wanted to know what my best option for a cowl cover is? I've seen the magnetic one and the clear plastic one from WCCC but if there's something else that'll work or if someone can recommend one or the other, I'd appreciate it. Seeing what it takes to try to repair a leaking cowl, that route seems out of the question. Thanks for the help!

Ben

·
Registered
22 Posts
Hey Ben,

I too have no inside storage options and have used both the magnetic and clear plastic versions. The magnetic version is better than nothing, but still allows water to get in if the rain is moderate to heavy. I recommend the clear plastic version as it has a weatherstrip-type seal. It is well worth the extra $20! Hope this helps.

Brian

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Brian, that's what I figured. Considering what damage the water will do, an extra 20 bucks is nothing. Thanks!

Ben

1 - 3 of 3 Posts