Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
1- The 69 cougar I have purchased has got 4 small holes in the front of the hood. I have had 2 68s in the past. But this is my first 69. I have googled pics and scoured ebay. I cant find a 69 with a emblem in the front of the hood. I am wondering if previous owner wasnt going to add a silver cougar emblem in this location. Any thoughts?

2- My 69 is a convertible, and I have never had a convertable in the past. When I let the top down, the tops fabric covers the slit that I assume the boot is to mate up to. Similar to a zip lock baggie. Sorry but thats the only way I know how to explain it. It snaps in great on the sides and hooks to the chrome great. But the top is laying in the way of securing it in the slit.

·
Registered
439 Posts
2: You just have to pull the top out of the way and slide it in the grove. The sides are a little tough so I just get it as good as I can.

·
Registered
542 Posts
Pics of the holes and where they are or a good description will be best.
Is it like the holes are where a BMW roundel would be if it were a BMW?

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ok i will try get some pics when I get home. But yes it would be where a hood emblem would be. The 70 has a different hood. But the 70 looks like it had a emblem in that location.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Last night I found a mustang boot install on the infamous YouTube. It looked as if they always leave the boot on. So today I climbed in the back of mine with the top up. And it looks as if it would be easier to seam up the crease with the top in the up position.

·
Premium Member
4,096 Posts
Here is a pic of the holes. I am thinking they was added to the hood.
Definitely added. Some kind of emblem may have been places there.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts