1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
2,660 Posts
Both look like clean cars. Priced OK too.

·
Registered
928 Posts
That 74 is a perfect girls car - back in the day girls and young women seamed to love those powder blue mavericks/comets/pacer/gremlin/pinto/vega/nova/etc.

If you saw once - a chick was driving it!!!!

·
Registered
1,074 Posts
That 74 is a perfect girls car - back in the day girls and young women seamed to love those powder blue mavericks/comets/pacer/gremlin/pinto/vega/nova/etc.

If you saw once - a chick was driving it!!!!
Fastest car in my high school was a stripped down comet with a seriously tweaked B302. No back seats, door panels, headliner. Just a worked to the bejesus Boss 302, a small block toplaoder and 4.11 gears. I'd love to get my hands on a comet like that blue one and stuuf a stroked windsor in it. That thing would fly.

·
Registered
980 Posts
I heard the other day that two more bodies were found in Marshall Applewhite's house (Heavens Gate dimwits that commited suicide a few years back)..... they found them in the kitchen under the sink, behind the "Comet"....lame I know, I know, but it is the only comment on Comets that I could come up with today...

·
Registered
5,883 Posts
Yeah, tough chicks.

I think they're hideous little things, much less attractive than a Nova of the same vintage or even a Monza. Like somebody washed a 71 Chevelle in hot water and dried it on the high setting.
However, there was one around where I grew up that had a Boss 302 in it as well with a 4 speed, driven by a 20 something female that would rip the guts out of a lot of alleged hot rods in the area. It was really nasty for a home built street car.

I really like the earlier ones with the tailfins and slabsides.

·
Registered
126 Posts
The Sky Blue car is interesting. My dad had "73" Plymouth Scamp with that same color with a ground pounding 225 slant six and a automatic. I hated the color of that car back then. Now I kind of like it!

Scott
"70" Sunroof 351/M FMX

1 - 8 of 8 Posts