Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,105 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
It looks like it may be a nice solid car. But the listing VIN is for a 67 Mustang Coupe(7R01C217324) It has a XR-7 R/H dash insert, Air Cleaner is painted Black The seats look like Mustang upholstery.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&_trksid=p4340.m748&item=200624701430&viewitem=&_trkparms=clkid=993270800918955085#ht_15752wt_1161

I see at least 4 other items wrong. One could indicate a rear end hit. Look at the trunk lock, I like the addition of the SS rocker moldings. But the title is the big problem It has the Mustang VIN on it. NOT GOOD!

·
Registered
1,307 Posts
Oh but you guys aren't giving the seller credit for his "verified" title. When contacted re the vin, etc. etc. he responded that California knows best what the car really is -- what a dildo-head.

·
Premium Member
5,758 Posts
Thats why the car will NEVER sell. Even on ray charles`s best day he would walk away from this ..

thanks
pat

·
Registered
384 Posts
Look real close at the title, to me it says 1968. Its a FrankenCougar.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Someone with better photo editing skills than me can probably tell for sure, but it looks like the lower dash is non-AC, while the upper has vents.

·
Registered
2,780 Posts
Looks like 1970 taillights (I may be wrong as the photo is hard to see) and the A/C mount is present but the pump is not there. I contacted them to see if they would send a picture of the VIN plate and data plate.

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
Well, if California says it's SOOOOOOOO, then it's SO. We all know how well California handles their affairs, sad, but what a MESS they have put themselves in. Lots of good folks, and beautiful country out on the left coast, just not governed well. It used to be that California set the trends for the rest of the country, sure not such today.

Dale in Indy

·
Premium Member
4,105 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Run away from this one.
And don't look back. If the paper work were straight, it may be a good $6500.00 car, maybe less with a good inspection.

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
Decklid is definitely 1967/68. I always heard they fit 1969/1970s Cougars, but never saw one installed until now. Seats are wrong pattern (Mustang standard seats), not the decore Cougar pattern. In some states, it may be hard to the get the VIN # corrected to the proper 9F92H5xxxx #, so take that into account. The 1967/68 title shown is worthless in my opinion (not this car). I agree $7K is a decent price as the car looks rust free.

·
Registered
2,660 Posts
My 69 S code Sunroof car was registered with the state of Ca. as 9F94S55****(XR7 Convertable) INSTEAD OF 9F9355****(XR7 Coupe). Since the seller had no title and the State of California records were wrong they gave me the choice of contacting the pior owners of the car using the incorrect vin or just getting a vin verification with the correct vin. I chose the later. Some times mistakes can work to ones benifit. In the case of this car on Ebay, I would expect nothing but trouble.

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
Mustang style top boot. Snaps on the moulding.
Nowhere's near a 15K ride.

·
Premium Member
5,758 Posts
Front bumper looks tweaked, look at the gap on the drivers side compared to the pass side under the extensions.

thanks
pat

·
Registered
748 Posts
You guys have it wrong. This is one of those "rare" Mercury Mustangs. That explains some of the questions.

This should be on Craigslist with the Ford Couger.....

1 - 19 of 19 Posts