Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm throwing this one out there. Maybe someone can help, maybe not, but here goes. I was in the process of taking the back glass out of my vert. top to repair the silicone folding section and the zipper was tight as if it had never been unzipped before, which is a good posibility. In the process I got it unzipped with some WD-40 help, When i went to zip it back up, the zipper came out of track or a better way of saying it. It goes up into the corner fine and then it comes to a certain point and stops connecting the two sides together. Can't go backwards then, so I had to run it all the way down to the other end and remove the stops and take the thing off and restart it and it misses making them connect at the same spot evertime. I must have tried 50 times (well a bunch anyway). Meanwhile the little handle that you hold while zipping broke, By now I'm really getting agravated.
Anybody run into such a problem or know if i can replace the whole zipper along w/ rear glass or whatever ..... without puttting a new Top on car. I sure don't want to put a top on at this stage of the Restoration. But i would like it where I could drive as I work on it at this stage anyway. Any help appreciated:( :( :(

·
Registered
183 Posts
I replaced the top and back glass on my 70 about 3 years ago. Most suppliers (I use Mustangs Unlimited) do sell only the back glass portion of the top. They are two seperate pieces. It comes with your choice of plastic or glass curtain and the zipper to put it in. I will say however that installing the bottom portion of the boot, opposite of the zipper is quite tedious. Get ready for a little frustration! :angryfi:

Good Luck,

Kirk

·
Registered
889 Posts
try this

Take your car to a guy that dose cover work for boats it will cost you 1/2 the money

1 - 3 of 3 Posts