Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys! Good news, the cougar finally got out today. It has a small miss (I suspect a vaccum leak) but it wasn't much of one. It smoked the tires a couple of times( just dad playing around with it). While it was out, I counted at least 20 heads turing at break neck speeds to catch a glimpse of her. The only other problem I can think of is the brakes, there seems to be a complete lack of them. But, it's not too terribly bad. It's still a cougar and man does it feel good to have one back!!!!!:D

·
Registered
794 Posts
how long had it been since you last took her out?
I havent driven my cat in about 7mo. Yesterday was the first time I fired up the motor since then. Still cant drive her yet. Waiting for my new suspension parts to come.... :D

·
Registered
76 Posts
Good. I hope to fire mine up if winter ever breaks here in Michigan. On the lack of brakes if everything looks good on visual inspection, try doing a good bleed. I know I need to every couple of years on mine due to the weather we have. Too much moisture in the brake system. Make sure too the rotors and drums are not too rusty. They will improve with driving or use some emery cloth to clean off some of the rust.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks

well it has been about 4 months since we put her away. I'll be sure to check the rotors within the week end. other than that all I have to say is that it felt good!:D

1 - 5 of 5 Posts