Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,201 Posts
a] Went to Cougar Heaven
b] Recycled into mustangs
c] have you seen Wayne's post re 'another junked cougar'
d] demand for cougars was so high that there were never enough to go round in the first place, until 1974 that is. :D

·
Registered
3,371 Posts
All or least most cars sell in their model year..... I'm sure that all the cougars sold in their years.... even if it at the end of the model year and the new ones were out... See, I used to work at a mercury dealership in the 70's and nothing,and I mean nothing went unsold.... There were some great deals to be had I'm sure

Don

·
Registered
337 Posts
TLogan53 said:
What happend to all of the cougars that didnt sell during their respective years?
The same thing that happens to any car that doesn't sell. The vast majority are marked down, sometimes sold to other car dealers, until they DO sell. Make something cheap enough, and you'll eventually find a buyer.

·
Registered
889 Posts
The Last stop is the auction house where another Dealer will take it to his lot(Joes A1 Used Cars}Some times I'll se the same car 2 or 3 times in the same year.

·
Registered
488 Posts
new cars that don't sell

no such thing as a new car that does not sell. it sits on a lot until the dealer finds a buyer or finds another dealer that wants it. new cars can only be sold by a franchised dealer ford would never let a car be sold at auction to dispose of it. some dealers will register a car and let it be used as a shop car until it has enough miles for them to sell it as a used vehicle and then they bail out. does not happen often unless you sell yugos! hawkrod (i am a wholesale auto broker)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts