Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,106 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This Sunday The Cascade Cougar club is goung to Yakama WA. for "Ponies & Cougars in the sun" At Sarg Hubbard park. This show is usualy heavly attended by Cougar owners from washington state. We always have a good time. A fairly large groupe of Cascade Cougar Club mambers are going saturday morning. and spending the night in Yakama at the Oxford sweets hotel. If any one wishes to go over with us we are meeting at the Outlet Mall in North Bend WA. at 11am the 14th. Photos at 11:00

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
My Eliminator's not done yet but is streetable. Do you have directions to Location in Yakama. I would like to see a few cats that are complete.

Just changed gears yesterday to 2.75 Track Lock. This got RPM down to 2600 at 70 Mph so I shouldn't go broke on gas or wear engine out too fast.

I will come from Spokane area.

·
Premium Member
4,106 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Swamper,
We would love to see ya. Heres the info I got from the club. It has the exit number in the text. Neal.

CCC List ...

YAKIMA ROAD TRIP ... Saturday, Sept 14th at 11AM from North Bend Outlet Mall to Yakima for Ponnies/Cougars in the Sun on Sunday, Sept 15th at Sarg Hubbard Park off Exit 33 in Yakima. Hotel is getting full ... Oxford Suites, 1-800-404-7848 (only 2 CCC rooms left). These will be released tomorrow (Tuesday, 9/3), but will offer that rate as long as rooms available ... mention the Cascade Cougar Club group, however. Hotel usually fills up that weekend. CCC rate is $69, including evening reception on Saturday evening and full buffet breakfast on Sunday morning. Local Club Sponsored Cruise-in on Saturday evening. Several Cougar classes at the show on Sunday. We have a GREAT turnout expected, including a few "day-trippers

·
Premium Member
4,106 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Swamper,
It was nice to see your car today. I was hoping to get to meet you but that didn't happen, Oh well it will. I hope you had a nice drive and made it home OK. I think you have a good starting point with that Eliminator. I'll post some pictures from the show later, Neal.

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
Niel

I loved seeing the Cougars. My car ran great no problems at all. I left early because I didn't want to drive after dark. I took pictures of the other two 69 Coupes for refrence on routing of wireing harness, seat belt (shoulder harness) location.

Car got 22.23 MPG for the day. I changed gear to 2.75 Track lock last week. RPMs dropped from 3800 @ 70MPH to 2600 @ 70.

Someone told me I had wrong dash pannell so I checked when I got home. The Marti's Report indicated It had Decour Interior as upgrade so it is correct.

All in all a great day. I look forward to meeting you in the future.

Jim

·
Premium Member
4,106 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Jim,
The wood grain around the gadges is most likly what they were talking about. I think all Eliminators were a black camra case finish, Thats some great milage! wish I could get that goog. Mine was the green 70 XR7 you were parked next to, Neal.

·
Premium Member
4,106 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
1 - 7 of 7 Posts