Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm sure that most everybody's found all the great old Cougar video footage floating around out there, but I wanted to point out something new that I'd never seen before. While you're checking out your MTV, be on the lookout for the new video from "Creed" called "My Sacrifice". Along will all the typical pyrotechnics you'll find a pretty sharp looking '69 hardtop in medium blue. For anybody that's been sleeping in a cave, here's a quick list of other Cougars on video that I can remember:

007, On Her Majesty's Secret Service - '69 XR-7 Convertible; Red;
From Dusk 'Til Dawn - '68 XR-7G;
Gone in 60 Seconds (Original, 1975) - '70 XR-7 Convertible; Dark Ivy;
Fall Guy (ABC Series, opening sequence, flying off the side of a hill) - '69 Convertible.

I'm sure you guys can add to this list a little. Looking forward to finding some more Cougar footage!

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
By the way, if anybody knows where I can get a copy of the Mercury commercials from '69 that feature the '69 Convertible, I'd love to pick them up!

Thanks,

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
Registered
406 Posts
I just noticed that one in the Creed video. It looks pretty nice too. - Chad

·
Registered
2,691 Posts
Joe,

No it's different. There are several 69 Mercury ads. They are all black and white (or just washed out) with the big 20+' LINCOLN MERCURY LEADS THE WAY! block sign. The jingle singer sounds like Anita Bryant. The 69 Cougar specific one has the convertible and coupe sitting in front of the sign.

Tim B
1969 XR7 428 CJR convertible
http://members.aol.com/timbrands/index.html

1 - 6 of 6 Posts