Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
694 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay,here goes.........I'm still pretty new on here and this might make a few mad but objective criticism if taken in the right context shouldn't be so bad.........
Doesn't someone offer a classic cougar calendar that is just the cars? I read that earlier post and someone had asked that same question.....and was kinda made fun of. You won't find anyone that appreciates or enjoys a pretty girl/lady more than myself, but I would definitely enjoy the calendar more with just the cars, maybe throw in a few shots in the back or something with the girls. I interact on this site for the same reason......the cars.
I'm happy with calendar and will put it up in my shop, but would enjoy it alot more with just the cars.
Hang on I'm not done .........if you put that girl with the white XR7G on November page on all the pages I'd probably buy a boatload of those calendars and give them to friends......but some of the months I can see right now I'm gonna be looking forward to the end of the month.....
Is it out of line to say these things? I don't think so.....Rick Overton will probably check out this site and see what people think of his calendar......he's doing us a great service to put these together......our opinions might induce him to improve it even more and increase sales for next year. I would promote doing one calendar with the girls and one without.....I'd buy both, but the one with the girls I'd like to see really pretty girls each month in decent looking outfits. Heck put miss november on every month!!!! Hope I didn't hurt too many feelings and hope you don't think I'm out of line........what do you think?..........Keith

·
Registered
3,141 Posts
I would like to see both. While I don't mind the girls :p:
It would be nice to hang one up at work. While the present calendar is certainly not offensive, it would not pass the company's PC test.

·
Contributing Sr Motorhead
5,470 Posts
To make your C&K calendar more 'PC'

Rktman,

Do what my old college girlfriend did to her guys in her Playgirl calendar when her parents came to visit. She cut out little boxer shorts for them to wear out of colored paper. LOL :lol2:

Along those same lines, take a pic of your g/f or wife in the proper pose and photoedit it to the right size and paste that on the calendar over the model.

Oh, wait. That might not be 'PC' either.

Oh, heck, just take pics of your own cars and make a calendar out of them.

For guys like us, for whatever your reasoning, I wish they would make another edition of the calendar with just the cars.

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
Calender

On yahoo groups there has been a heated discussion going for about a week on the calenders. While some feel the girly calenders are degrading some do not. Anyway There are both versions available, the one with girls and the one without. The one without is available thru the ccoa (Cougar Club of America ) and the other is available thru Overton Photographic.
John

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
I dont think anyone was made fun of. I was just trying to have a little fun. Everyone is too thin skinned now days.

I dont care about being PC, never have never will. Its just a calendar for cripes sake, If you dont like it with girls on it, dont buy it. If you want one with young boys on it, help yourself. It would probably sell in San Francisco, among other places.

Just for the record I havent bought the calendar yet, but I think I will. I for one happen to like old Fords ,Mercurys and women.

Keith, is Rick Overton doing us a great service? I guess that up for debate. If he were giving them away I would say that would be a great service. As it stands I dont think its a GREAT service, hes in the business to make money. Not that there is anything wrong with that at all but its no favor to me.mm

·
Registered
3,141 Posts
Irregardless of anyone's intentions, reasons, objectives or preferences....how do I get hold of on of the CCOA calendars? Is there a preview anywhere like overton has? HAs anyone out there purchased one that can give it an unbiased rating?

·
Registered
364 Posts
where, john, where???

rktmn, i've just searched all over the ccoa site and can't find a word about the 2002 calendar. i can find references to the 2001 calendar on other sites, but nothing about 2002.

and for those of you who are married and too embarassed to say it, i'll say it for you: my wife won't let me buy the cats and kittens version. there, i said it.

:toung:

·
Registered
109 Posts
In years past the CCOA calendar was available through Randy Goodling. Phone 717 367-6700. Give him a try. If he doesn't have them he will know who does.

Barry

·
Registered
16 Posts
I have the new Cats and Kittens calendar and I think it is a great work of art. The shots are clear and well centered and is well laid out. I feel sorry for the guy whose wife would not let him have the calendar; the only thing I find offensive about it is that brown '68 Cougar with the ugly side trim!!!
Here is my suggestion for next years' layout, three versions of the calender.
1)Cats only
2)Cats and Kittens in swimsuits
3)Cats power breaking with oiled up Naked Kittens!!!!!MEOW!!!!! :eek2:

·
Registered
21 Posts
Calendar

Ahhemmmmmmmm!! What about us gals??? I mean after all, cars weren't built just for guys. I get tired of all the women hanging on the cars and blocking the view. Don't get me wrong, I'd buy one, but us gals never seem to be remembered. I know.....:cry: hehe

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
OK, Maybe that means 4 versions of the calender, the above mentioned 3, plus 1 with guys posing with the cars, for women, and maybe for certian other groups that I wont name. There!! We should be politically correct now. Personally I'll take # 3. Just to show I'm a good sport, I'll offer to pose for the calendar !! Just kidding that calendar wouldnt sell.mm

·
Registered
3,141 Posts
You've heard of the "Women of Tamworth" calendar?
We could make a "Men of Mercury(cougar.net)" calendar of each of us with stratigically placed Cougar parts and donate the proceeds (meager as they may be) to Logan!:p:

·
Registered
3,141 Posts
:spit:

·
Contributing Member
5,865 Posts
Hey Logan - are you trying to create a market for remanufactured hoods. I know our cats are strong but if we all donned speedos and hopped on the hood the panel repair bill would be enormous

·
Registered
5,299 Posts
hell, ill pose for it, but it will be a practical pose. you know, true to life....... all you will see me is my two legs hanging out of the front of the car fixing another crapped out Power steering return line. :angryfi: or the sensual me all oiled up with the ATF from said line lol :1zhelp: :1zhelp: help us all indeed LOL

1 - 20 of 21 Posts