11,000 Posts
Valve Covers

Call Hank Huisman 813-920-7544.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
back ground info

hey thanks alot..can i get a lil back ground info though..like location..so i know the time difference when calling...and is this # business or personal...dont wanna disturb personal on weekends and time off...ya know

·
11,000 Posts
Info

That is Hank's business phone, he usually forwards it to his cellphone. He is in the shop six days a week 9 - 5 EST, located in Florida.

·
Premium Member
1,915 Posts
Found em

OK, I have been searching for these and have found out some interesting information.
I first saw them at the Pomona Swap meet a while back in a picture at LA Mustang's Booth.
I called Greg at LA Mustang when I was ready to buy them, he said he could get them. It turns out they were on back order at the time due to production issues.
I told him to call me when he got them in. I called him about a month later and they still had no idea of when they would be available but I would be called as soon as they were in.
There was a set on Ebay that John Benoit was selling and his description said they were becoming hard to get and even harder to find.
I called John and he told me the Running Cat was the hold up on reproducing another run of valve covers.
I called Hank Huisman, he told me he could get them about a week to get. But I wasn't sure because he did not physically have them on his shelf.
Well, to make a long story longer, I got a call from LA Mustang this morning they are available now the cheapest I have found them. :ylsup: $199 :ylsup:

·
Registered
110 Posts
are those the cast aluminum ones that are ribbed on the top and are painted black? The link was dead so I couldn't tell. If so I found a pair at the portland swapmeet. I believe scott drake mustang parts makes them. I baught em new in the box. They look pretty good sittin on my 351W. Good luck in finding them.

·
Premium Member
1,915 Posts
Yeah, exactly what you bought little chrome cat and COUGAR
like these

Attachments

·
Registered
110 Posts
yup those are it. where was that pic taken from? cuz it looks like the ford hi-po booth I saw at Portland.

·
Premium Member
4,105 Posts
Jeff,
I took that picture at the Monroe WA swap meet last spring. It belongs to Jack Carlino, I'm sure this is the same set as Jack also does the Portland swap meet.
As for the new repos Don Rush has a few sets now at West Coast Classic Cougar. Phone 503-463-1130. Good luck Neal.

·
Registered
118 Posts
valve covers

click on cascade classics at the top of the screen, i saw a pair hanging in his garage last time i went to his business. lol

·
Premium Member
1,915 Posts
Got mine

Well I got my pair yesterday. They are beyond beautiful.
They are made by Scott Drake, as with his other items the quality is second to none.

·
Registered
5,299 Posts
uh oh Gary.. that mean that the engine is gonna be all pretty soon?

·
Premium Member
1,915 Posts
sneak peek

look at this picture closely....

Attachments

·
Registered
5,299 Posts
uh oh.. is that a crate??? and dammmmn!!! is that your house???? lol. can i store stuff there??? he he

·
Premium Member
1,915 Posts
crate......yes
my house.... no

·
Registered
5,299 Posts
ok i can take a hint.. you dont want me storing stuff at the house lol. cant wait for the 514 swap though lol :D

·
Premium Member
1,915 Posts
502 chevy

·
Registered
5,299 Posts
AAccckkk! think i heard the cat cough up a hairball

1 - 20 of 20 Posts