Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
889 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On collector car auction this guy was selling 67- 68 shelby cougar tail lights he said they were the same except you dont use he ribs.I went to the first cruse nite tues.between the rain drops,this other guy wanted to know if my consol was from a shelby also.I did see a shelby consol from another year (mines 69)he wanted 300.00 bucks for it.Has any body heard this before?No wonder the cougar parts are disapering. Dan:confused:

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
I've seen things sold on Ebay that said "Shelby-Cougar".:rolleyes:

·
Registered
2,853 Posts
YEP! YEP!! SIMILAR PARTS

COUGARS SHARE SEVERAL PARTS WITH THE MUSTANGS AND SHELBY'S. SOME TAILLIGHT PARTS, CONSOLE BASE, MOST DRIVE TRAIN PARTS OF A SIMILAR YEAR LIKE THE 69 351W 4-BBL. ENGINE AND FMX TRANNY.. I AM GETTING TIRED OF MUSTANG AND SHELBY PEOPLE PARTING COUGARS FOR THEIR CARS AS IF THE COUGAR IS NOT WORTH RESTORING.. WE BETTER START PROTECTING THE COUGAR PARTS OR WE ALL WON'T HAVE ANY LEFT FOR COUGARS!!:(

·
Registered
5,299 Posts
like i said, ill part that 70 to the Cougar owners. i dont want the parts going to Mustang guys. well, all that will be of use to them will be the rear and and tranny. and side glass. but there isnt much else on the car that is of much use... lol

·
Registered
698 Posts
Shelby Cougar

The 1967-68 Cougar lenses are used on 1967 Shelby's. 69 and 70 Shelby's also use some Cougar parts such as the wooden shifter handle off an auto shifter. The cat is changed to a snake.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts