Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,364 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is anyone reproducing body panels for the 67-68 Cougars? It seems mine is going to need new quarters, but there were none listed in the Cougar catalog from Mustangs Unlimited. If they are available, who has the best quality ones (unless, of course, they're all the same)?

·
Registered
76 Posts
When I looked for 1/4's 2 years ago, the story I heard was all 1/4's came from the same source. Some guy in Canada had bought the dies but they were worn out. Therefore quality was all the same, bad. I understand the guy is no longer making 1/4's and is not willing to sell the dies, so unless you find someone who still has them you are looking for used.

·
Registered
669 Posts
Wow! I replaced mine in '89. Guess maybe I should have stocked up on them. I'd be the only guy around with them>>>LOL.

Actually, it was a good thing I only needed part of them because the fit was awful. If you had to replace a whole 1/4, it would have turned out looking like crap!

·
Registered
76 Posts
That's right. I talked to John Bauman and he had said the quality was not good. He said about 3-4 hours of extra body work was needed on each panel to make it look decent. I was not the best choice but the only alternative for seriously rotted or damaged panels.

·
Registered
76 Posts
They look pretty good and cheap too. The 1/4's I was looking for was a full 1/4, not a lower patch panel. It's good to know at least something is still available. My car had rott in front of the wheel, behind the wheel, and along the wheel opening. After the shock tower blew out I gave up and bought a clean California car.:D

·
Premium Member
2,364 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Rick, I just checked the site and the Cougar catalog doesn't list the 1/4 panels, just the patch panels for the fenders. Am I missing something?

·
Premium Member
3,404 Posts
They did have 1/4's, write them and ask. Sorry, I thought they had some on the site, my mistake.

Rick

1 - 11 of 11 Posts