Mercury Cougar Owners banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Mine's a '68, but I was only able to find maroon, black and blue. I'm not sure what came from the factory (dash had been replaced before), but I ended up using black to go with my saddle interior.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Finding it next to impossible to locate a new 67 cougar dash in the proper shade of red. Can only find maroon. Any suggestions?
They do make vinyl stains and can match the interior color code for your model and year. I have medium blue interior and was only able to find a white convertible boot cover at the time-- with the spray-on vinyl stain, I was able to get a good match. It might be difficult going from darker to lighter, but you might check with a paint shop.

·
Registered
7,569 Posts
The new run of padded dash pads aren't even close to the right color of red/maroon. I needed one for my 67, and I will end up spraying it to match. For the money they should get the color a LOT closer to correct!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Finding it next to impossible to locate a new 67 cougar dash in the proper shade of red. Can only find maroon. Any suggestions?
My dash pad on my blue 70 XR7 was black i bought the proper shade of blue dye and prep in spray cans from Johns Classic Cougars in Michigan.
I did this to my dash almost 15 years ago now and it still looks like the day I did it.
I used John for all my sheet metal and reproduction parts during my process with complete satisfaction.

Ed

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.