Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally got the wheels and tired mounted. Got a nice deal on the tires, 235/60/15 fronts and 245/60/15 rear Cooper Cobra's $452.00 for all 4. The wheels we're a direct trade for my old ones. Go craigslist.

If anyone in the DFW are is looking for tires, Id be happy to share my tire guy :)

The rear needs to come down maybe one inch but what a change in the look. Need correct caps now, 135 is a bit steep though for caps.

Got the family in the car at the local pumpkin patch...its a festive photo

·
Premium Member
4,105 Posts
<?xml:namespace prefix = v ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:vml" /><v:shapetype id=_x0000_t75 stroked="f" filled="f" path="[email protected]@[email protected]@[email protected]@[email protected]@5xe" o:preferrelative="t" o:spt="75" coordsize="21600,21600"><v:shapetype id=_x0000_t75 stroked="f" filled="f" path="[email protected]@[email protected]@[email protected]@[email protected]@5xe" o:preferrelative="t" o:spt="75" coordsize="21600,21600"><v:stroke joinstyle="miter"></v:stroke><v:formulas><v:f eqn="if lineDrawn pixelLineWidth 0"></v:f><v:f eqn="sum @0 1 0"></v:f><v:f eqn="sum 0 0 @1"></v:f><v:f eqn="prod @2 1 2"></v:f><v:f eqn="prod @3 21600 pixelWidth"></v:f><v:f eqn="prod @3 21600 pixelHeight"></v:f><v:f eqn="sum @0 0 1"></v:f><v:f eqn="prod @6 1 2"></v:f><v:f eqn="prod @7 21600 pixelWidth"></v:f><v:f eqn="sum @8 21600 0"></v:f><v:f eqn="prod @7 21600 pixelHeight"></v:f><v:f eqn="sum @10 21600 0"></v:f></v:formulas><v:path o:connecttype="rect" gradientshapeok="t" o:extrusionok="f"></v:path>
OMG cat by badcattt, on Flickr</v:shapetype>

<v:stroke joinstyle="miter"></v:stroke><v:formulas><v:f eqn="if lineDrawn pixelLineWidth 0"></v:f><v:f eqn="sum @0 1 0"></v:f><v:f eqn="sum 0 0 @1"></v:f><v:f eqn="prod @2 1 2"></v:f><v:f eqn="prod @3 21600 pixelWidth"></v:f><v:f eqn="prod @3 21600 pixelHeight"></v:f><v:f eqn="sum @0 0 1"></v:f><v:f eqn="prod @6 1 2"></v:f><v:f eqn="prod @7 21600 pixelWidth"></v:f><v:f eqn="sum @8 21600 0"></v:f><v:f eqn="prod @7 21600 pixelHeight"></v:f><v:f eqn="sum @10 21600 0"></v:f></v:formulas><v:path o:connecttype="rect" gradientshapeok="t" o:extrusionok="f"></v:path><?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com
</o:lock></v:shapetype><v:shape style="WIDTH: 450pt; HEIGHT: 300pt" id=_x0000_i1025 alt="https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/428893_422337184479301_1046958202_n.jpg" type="#_x0000_t75"><v:imagedata o:href="cid:[email protected]" src="file:///C:\Users\ntj4341\AppData\Local\Temp\msohtmlclip1\01\clip_image001.jpg"></v:imagedata></v:shape>

·
Premium Member
4,105 Posts

·
Registered
11,950 Posts
LOL - yeah, Looks kinda familiar - Obviously sharp! ;>)

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks! Its getting there, wanted to make it drivable for Good Guys this weekend in Ft. Worth. Try to make it out there on Saturday. Dealing with a brake fluid leak but cant find the leak, the master cylinder just keeps getting low.

·
Registered
173 Posts
"Dealing with a brake fluid leak but cant find the leak, the master cylinder just keeps getting low. "

Im off the original topic here , but dont forget to check for leakage out the back of the master cylinder - into the booster.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
"Dealing with a brake fluid leak but cant find the leak, the master cylinder just keeps getting low. "

Im off the original topic here , but dont forget to check for leakage out the back of the master cylinder - into the booster.
Highly possible but then wouldnt it be getting into the intake and burning? Either way plan on pulling it to check...good idea.

·
Registered
7,552 Posts
I can't count how many times I have mentioned how sexy the 69/70 body line is ESPECIALLY IN BLACK!!!
O. M. G.....Car looks great!

·
Registered
173 Posts
That is an empressive craigslist swap. Those wheels look to be spotless..and they look awesome on your car!

·
Registered
945 Posts
Well what else can be said about black cats that hasnt already been said, but what the heck i'll repeat it, sweeeeet :beer: The new sneakers look really nice and I have to agree, its one of those little changes that makes a big difference, good show :smoke:

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
Thanks for the compliments guys. It was a good swap I think, the tires on the torq thrust we're shot. Just got lucky finding someone who wanted the torq thrusts. The magnums are not 100% there is a little bit of crome flaking on an inside ridge where maybe some water had sat. Otherwise, I just sprayed them down with windex and put new valves on them.

Its cool because I walk outside and look at it and it feels like a completely new car I get all excited to drive it again!

Here is one more...one of my new favs

·
Registered
7,552 Posts
I think I just peed, a little bit, down my leg.....Yep....There it is....Looks KILLER!

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Hahaha, not thats the reaction I was looking for, er, I think. But thanks for the compliment woodsnake.

Man I tell you what, I got a sonogram of my 1st baby to be, saw the heartbeat and him wiggle around! the same day I got new wheels and tires for the cougar. Just cant get any better than that ;)

·
Registered
152 Posts
I have a black cat aswell and bought my magnums from WCCC i just love them on my car.I went with the 3 blade spinner caps and they look awesome.You have a great looking car

·
Registered
164 Posts
mmmmmmm blaaaaaaack :)

1 - 20 of 21 Posts