Mercury Cougar Owners banner

Cougar owners in the GA, AL area?

13K views 27 replies 15 participants last post by  maxgig 
#1 ·
looking for cougar owners in GA AL area currently in Iraq but will work on car as soon as I return. My 67 is waiting at Ft. Benning (Columbus) want to find cougar owners in area to find parts and to find places of bussiness that are legit. I know there once was a club in GA if anyone has info on that it would be nice as well. Thanks for your time and help looking forward to returning to my baby

#2 ·
Thanks for serving the USA over in Iraq.

I found these names, addresses on a Mercury Clubs listing. Don't know the date or if they are valid, but it is a lead anyway.

Good Luck and thanks again.

Georgia Cougar Club
Joy Guiney
3875 Thornhill Dr.
Lilburn, GA 30047
770-806-1341
Email: Joy Guiney brucenjoy@msn.com

North Georgia Cougar Club
Dawn Luntsford
426 Sancho Dr.
Lawrenceville, GA 30244
404-962-0063

#6 ·
Just got my first car with a V8

I bought a 1968 augusta green Xr7 w/ a 390 2V, auto. from a fellow Ford nut in Woodstock, GA. It needs a bit of work though seeing as how it is 40 years old! I'm right smack in the middle here in Warner Robins. Would definitely love to get this cat prowling the streets again. Looks like there might be some smatterings of classic cougar clubs around.

#8 ·
I bought a 1968 augusta green Xr7 w/ a 390 2V, auto. from a fellow Ford nut in Woodstock, GA. It needs a bit of work though seeing as how it is 40 years old! I'm right smack in the middle here in Warner Robins. Would definitely love to get this cat prowling the streets again. Looks like there might be some smatterings of classic cougar clubs around.
Think I saw this car, was it on Ebay w/ a black vinyl top?

#7 ·
I'm in Alabama not far from Talladega & own a restoration/performance shop if that helps at all. No Cougar specific clubs here that I have seen or heard of.

Stay safe over there and thanks for your service!!

#13 ·
I tried to send pictures before but I exceeded the file size limit. I am trying to send pics via the attachment icon in the reply to thread but an error pops up. I tried to go back to ebay and just try to pull up the auction by using the 12 digit item number, but there are only words.

#16 ·
Hey y'all, finally got some pics up, just check my posts/profile. Oh by the way, where is e'rebody? If there is a club down here or what? hit me up.

#17 ·
So far, I haven't heard anything from either of the two listed clubs around here. JeffJ was trying to get some of us together this past fall to see if we could get a club revitalized, but only a couple of people showed up. I had to pass because of prior commitments. I'm still interested in a club though.

#22 ·
i'm having a get together of cars in Tuscaloosa on feb. 22. i started a thread if any one wants in. we have hondas supras cameros 240s chevelles etc etc going. im a cougar owner with a lot of extra parts and a extra car.

#23 ·
So I bounce back and forth between NOLA and the ATL, last time I was up in Acworth. I saw 2 Couagrs at the "America's Service Station" on 92, a green and a burgundy. Very nice condition, just wondering who those are the mech there Steve told me their names but I forgot.

Has a Cougar club for the ATL area been developed yet?

#26 ·
im renting a drag strip in may if any one wants in

#28 ·
I'm a new 69 Cougar owner in the Huntsville/Madison Alabama area. I have a Mustang restoration shop friend who has a 69 Cougar and a 71 Torino in his junk yard that I use as my parts car. The Cougar is blue, has little rust and is 98% complete.

The only part I've taken off of it so far is a trim piece under the instrument cluster. It has the complete engine and is an a/c car while mine is not. Also has a 351 windsor engine, I'm really tempted to buy the whole car but the wife would object big time.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.