Mercury Cougar Owners banner
81 - 100 of 128 Posts

·
Registered
3,156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #81 · (Edited)
It looks nice, can you refresh my memory on what this has for engine and options? What do you want to get for it ? PM or e-mail me if you don't want to post here.

Thanks.

PM sent

·
Registered
2,145 Posts
No garage. Dang. i was gonna offer you my 66 2 door ltd for free.

·
Registered
2,145 Posts
Sure. It needs to be built though. It is in kit form right now. i could use the extra space in me shop.

·
Registered
2,145 Posts
I have kept it in my shop. So it has been out of the elements. I was looking it over last night. The lines on the 66 are very cool. Love the swoop on the back glass.
I dont have the cast grill, just the standard one as the front clip is off a 66 custom 300. The seats are in my house, nice and dry and in very good shape. I will hang on to it until you get a garage for it. If you came down to look at it, I am pretty sure you would not want it. It need a lot of work. Still has the FE 352 but it needs a rebuild or worse.

·
Registered
3,156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #87 ·
I have kept it in my shop. So it has been out of the elements. I was looking it over last night. The lines on the 66 are very cool. Love the swoop on the back glass.
I dont have the cast grill, just the standard one as the front clip is off a 66 custom 300. The seats are in my house, nice and dry and in very good shape. I will hang on to it until you get a garage for it. If you came down to look at it, I am pretty sure you would not want it. It need a lot of work. Still has the FE 352 but it needs a rebuild or worse.
Any chance you could e-mail me some pictures? Have you got all the parts?

·
Registered
2,145 Posts
Took some pics but the car is covered with boxes and ranchero parts. not much to see. Has rust around the back glass and rear fender wells. Cowl has rust through also. Som rust along the trunk back edge. Kinda crunchy.

·
Registered
3,156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #89 ·
Took some pics but the car is covered with boxes and ranchero parts. not much to see. Has rust around the back glass and rear fender wells. Cowl has rust through also. Som rust along the trunk back edge. Kinda crunchy.
Well, clean it off! Jeez do I have to think of everything... :) Send me what you can, that should give me some idea of the condition. Thanks Ritchie

·
Registered
2,966 Posts
Bruce, I have a friend who is begging me to buy a 2 dr 66 Galaxie (small block auto) he has for sale in Luray VA... I bought your Green 67 Cougar off of you so I'm sure you remember me... He is wanting $600 for this Galaxie but I am not interested.. I'm out of the project mood anymore... It needs a lot of work but doesnt look super bad...

·
Registered
3,156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #91 ·
Bruce, I have a friend who is begging me to buy a 2 dr 66 Galaxie (small block auto) he has for sale in Luray VA... I bought your Green 67 Cougar off of you so I'm sure you remember me... He is wanting $600 for this Galaxie but I am not interested.. I'm out of the project mood anymore... It needs a lot of work but doesnt look super bad...
Hi Scott, can you get some pictures of it? What ever happened to my 67?

·
Registered
2,966 Posts
Hey Bruce.. I have a few pics of the car, it is a project. Email me and I can forward them to you
[email protected]

I put new floor boards in your car, a new headliner and carpet, fixed a bunch of other little things and drove it around some then I ended up selling it at Ford Carlisle a few years ago. Some guy from NYC bought it...
I tend to not keep things (especially cars) very long lol...

·
Registered
8 Posts
I have a '67 Cougar XR7 AC Car that I am considering selling. It has a 351 Cleveland engine with 4v heads and alot of performance parts. It was recently painted, has new AOD transmission and brand new tires. Interior is in good condition and is about 90% complete. Not reassembled from paint (See pictures). I got caught up in my other car '69 Mustang Fastback and could use the money to complete. I have about $10,000 in car and looking to get $6000 obo. I bought car with bill of sale but halfway through process to get NJ Title. Not a must sell situation but car just sits and I have no time to complete in near future. Car is in Phillipsburg, NJ. Any interest?

Attachments

·
Registered
2,145 Posts

·
Registered
3,156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #96 ·
Hi all, I'm reactivating this thread as I still don't have a fun car. So to remind all of what I'm looking for here's a quote from the beginning.

Cougar, or 60's Ford wanted
I'm on the lookout for a 67 XR7 (68 maybe), 67 Thunderbird (68 maybe), or a 66 Galaxie (two doors only please), any leads will be appreciated. No show cars or foreign contries please, just want a nice driver I can work on in what little spare time I have.
Got the "I want another cool car" bug bad, but so far there's nothing affordable and/or local to be found.

Thanks to all who have posted here already. Still looking for THE car.

·
Registered
5,303 Posts
Been a while since I've posted here :D (in this thread I mean..)

66 Galaxie 2 door. I don't remember your price range but still.... (he's also dropped the price from an earlier at that was listed at $5,500 so there's room)

http://orangecounty.craigslist.org/cto/2349484826.html

62 Galaxie
http://orangecounty.craigslist.org/cto/2343418510.html

65 'Vert
http://orangecounty.craigslist.org/cto/2311278293.html

4 speed 67 Cougar fap fap fap fap fap
http://orangecounty.craigslist.org/cto/2343763873.html

67 Galaxie fastback
http://losangeles.craigslist.org/sfv/cto/2346538989.html

nutha 66 Galaxie
http://losangeles.craigslist.org/lac/cto/2337231577.html

·
Registered
3,141 Posts
Bruce - The All Ford Weekend at Carlisle is coming up the 1st weekend in June. You should take a ride down and check out all the Ford for sale there. Most are NOT show cars and given the economy I bet there are some deals to be found.

·
Registered
3,141 Posts
Bill - I'm not taking the 69 this year as I am going as a vendor. I will be driving my van down Thursday. When are y'all headed down?

81 - 100 of 128 Posts