Mercury Cougar Owners banner
1 - 20 of 128 Posts

·
Registered
3,156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm on the lookout for a 67 XR7 (68 maybe), 67 Thunderbird (68 maybe), or a 66 Galaxie (two doors only please), any leads will be appreciated. No show cars or foreign contries please, just want a nice driver I can work on in what little spare time I have.
Got the "I want another cool car" bug bad, but so far there's nothing affordable and/or local to be found.

Thanks for looking
Bruce

·
Registered
2,191 Posts
You should post your budget.

·
Premium Member
2,364 Posts
Bruce, you should have been at Endicott Estates this weekend for the Bay State Antique Auto show. There was a C-code 4-speed standard '68 there with a solid undercarriage, nice interior, and good aqua paint for an asking price of $9K. You probably could have had it for $8K.

There was also a decent '70 in the car corral, plus a smattering of other interesting Fords.

·
Premium Member
2,364 Posts
BTW, I spotted a '65 or '66 Galaxie for sale on Route 16 in Mendon on the way home from work today. I didn't get a good enough look to know for sure which year it was because I was proceeding with alacrity, shall we say. I also didn't note the number of doors, but I can check tomorrow and let you know exactly what it is.

·
Registered
3,156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
BTW, I spotted a '65 or '66 Galaxie for sale on Route 16 in Mendon on the way home from work today. I didn't get a good enough look to know for sure which year it was because I was proceeding with alacrity, shall we say. I also didn't note the number of doors, but I can check tomorrow and let you know exactly what it is.
Sweet, thank you.

·
Registered
3,156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Wow, it would seem there is nothing out there at all. Hope I can find something nice before they're all poisoned or crushed.

·
Registered
7,563 Posts

·
Registered
3,480 Posts
I'm on the lookout for a 67 XR7 (68 maybe), 67 Thunderbird (68 maybe), or a 66 Galaxie (two doors only please), any leads will be appreciated. No show cars or foreign contries please, just want a nice driver I can work on in what little spare time I have.
Got the "I want another cool car" bug bad, but so far there's nothing affordable and/or local to be found.

Thanks for looking
Bruce
Not too far from my house there is a restoration shop that has had a mid to late 60s T-Bird sitting out front for sale. I'm not too up on them so I cannot say exactly what year it is. As I recall it is a 2 door. Driving by it looks pretty nice, I have not stopped to really look iot over though. I have no idea of the asking price. The car would be located close to Hershey Pa. If this is something of interest to you I would be willing to get you more information, just let me know.

Randy Goodling
CCOA #95

·
Registered
3,156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Not too far from my house there is a restoration shop that has had a mid to late 60s T-Bird sitting out front for sale. I'm not too up on them so I cannot say exactly what year it is. As I recall it is a 2 door. Driving by it looks pretty nice, I have not stopped to really look iot over though. I have no idea of the asking price. The car would be located close to Hershey Pa. If this is something of interest to you I would be willing to get you more information, just let me know.

Randy Goodling
CCOA #95
Yes thank you, any info you can get would be great.

·
Premium Member
2,303 Posts
Yanno, if I secure a job in the next week or so I would be up to paying you the 9K up front. (I'd need the 500 for gas doncha know?)

·
Registered
3,480 Posts
I stopped up at where the T-Bird is sitting earlier today. It is a 69, 2 door. Some info is 44,429 miles showing on odometer, AM radio, Clock, Bucket Seats, Console, Column Shift Automatic, Manual Windows, Vinyl & Cloth Seats, looks to be missing the front shoulder belts, it has been repainted, looks to have bondo in the left quarter behind the rear tire and in the right quarter both in front of and behind the rear tire. The car has current PA tags and inspection, PA tags and inspection need to be renewed yearly. The inspection runs out in Nov 2009. The asking price is $6500.

VIN 9Y83N125281
Door data plate 65A, S, 1V, 26W, 16, 4, U

If something does not quite compute on the above I may have misread it. The old eyesight isn't what it used to be and I did not have my cheaters with me.

If it is something that you are interested in I did take a few photos that I could send to you. I will need an email address to send to though. I also have a phone number of the seller if you would like to talk directly. I did not talk to anyone, just stopped and looked at the car. I was not able to get under the car so that condition is unknown.

Randy Goodling
CCOA #95

·
Registered
3,156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I stopped up at where the T-Bird is sitting earlier today. It is a 69, 2 door. Some info is 44,429 miles showing on odometer, AM radio, Clock, Bucket Seats, Console, Column Shift Automatic, Manual Windows, Vinyl & Cloth Seats, looks to be missing the front shoulder belts, it has been repainted, looks to have bondo in the left quarter behind the rear tire and in the right quarter both in front of and behind the rear tire. The car has current PA tags and inspection, PA tags and inspection need to be renewed yearly. The inspection runs out in Nov 2009. The asking price is $6500.

VIN 9Y83N125281
Door data plate 65A, S, 1V, 26W, 16, 4, U

If something does not quite compute on the above I may have misread it. The old eyesight isn't what it used to be and I did not have my cheaters with me.

If it is something that you are interested in I did take a few photos that I could send to you. I will need an email address to send to though. I also have a phone number of the seller if you would like to talk directly. I did not talk to anyone, just stopped and looked at the car. I was not able to get under the car so that condition is unknown.

Randy Goodling
CCOA #95
Thanks Randy. Definitely send the photos, I don't recall what the 69's look like.lol
My e-mail is "gt390xr7 at yahoo dot com"

1 - 20 of 128 Posts