Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
751 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all. I was wondering if anyone knew of any Cougar model kits. Yeah, ebay has some, but not what I was looking for. Do y'all know if there's a company out there that CURRENTLY produces Cougar model kits? My collection has quite a few Mustangs, and I wanted to add a small copy of Cleo to my collection. I found a '73 kit on Ebay, but it was ugly; it looked like the box was for a lowered Cougar. TOO lowered, not a racing drop, but a *traditionally* Mexican slammed lookt that is just HORRID. Can any of you good people help?

·
Registered
63 Posts
check local hobby shops man ive seen them ever so often if you really wanna know talk to the guy at classiccougar.com he collects the toys and he could probly tell you where to get em

·
Contributing Sr Motorhead
5,470 Posts
I'm trying to remember who made a model of a 73 with big graphics on the box 'The Cat'. I made several of them a few years back. One is painted up like AlphaCat, one like BetaCat and one like the car of my dreams -- a convert.

I used to be quite the little model builder at one time so I modified the thing by cutting off the top and sail panels and adding a top boot to fill in the rear package tray area. It is not a true convert, but it looks passable. Red with white top and white interior, black carpet and dash. The same color scheme as my '72 'FirstCat' I had waaaaaay back in '76.

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
I have a 73 XR-7 model

I got it off Ebay, the box is cut up a bit and the pieces are taken off the tree. Hope it is all there. It is "The CAT" in black. Got it for $20.
No dingle balls...LOL!

·
Registered
123 Posts
It's older then you are looking for, but we just picked up a 69 eliminator model for my son. It's made by AMT(ertl), w a part #31748-1hd. Baddad

·
Registered
448 Posts
Baddad,
I bought that same Eliminator model and made a convertible out of it. I carefully removed the top along the same lines as a 69 ragtop and painted it the same color as my car. It looks pretty cool sitting on my bar at home
Paul G.

·
Registered
2,853 Posts
Hello Cat fans: I have been collecting "cougar" memorbilia for years including plastic and metal models. There have been so many made by US and International makers since 1967. Prices range from $10.00 to $500.00 each. It is pretty cool to collect them and build a few of them as well. I just bought three blue AMT/ERTL 69 eliminators from e-bay. Keep hunting as they are out there and good luck. COUGRRRMAN

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
Ertl Re-release

I just found 3 of the 69 Cougar Eliminators. The picture on the box shows a 69 painted Blue ( close to competition/grabber Blue) They were at a place called Hobby Lobby. Cost was $10.00 each. The motor looks to be a 428 Ram Air, so this would be the Red 428 model released 5+ years ago, and not the Yellow Boss 302.

Cougar Bill

1 - 11 of 11 Posts