Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Contributing Member
1,881 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here is a Cougar keychain and matching tie pin made in Canada many moons ago. The Cougars are made of what looks like pewter.They have great detail ! Do you have any Cougar material
to share?

·
Registered
751 Posts
I want it! I want it! I want it! I've been looking for a COugar keychain for MONTHS!!!

·
Registered
2,966 Posts
I want to purchase a 67 Model if anyone knows where to get one or has one for sale. All I have so far is 2 67 Die casts, 3 hotwheels (1 is from 67 with a boat and trailer in excellent condition), and a plastice car about the size of a regular model...

·
Contributing Member
1,881 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
More Cougar stuff

This keychain was made in England. It's enameled cloisonné with a medal cougar insert and medal
Separating the black, white, and letters. The Cat looks exactly like the cat on the wheel stickers that'Shelby American' made.

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
Hey itow, 67 models are pricey! Check ebay...they come up now and then. A 67 model kit in good, unassembled condition goes for $100+ . Too pricey for me...I ended up buying two assembled 67 models in the hopes of rebuilding them into one.....someday:rolleyes: .

·
Registered
2,853 Posts
I have been collecting Cougar memorbilia for several years. I have too much stuff to list. But I do not have either of the key chains you two have. Any more available?

·
Contributing Member
1,881 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
cougerrman,
I don't know. I collected those items years ago.
I started this thread with the idea that everyone
who collects would post a picture of a Cougar item in their collection. If it was successfull maybe Logan would create a Memorbilia section. I hope I didn't mislead anyone thinking I wanted to sell anything. There are many Cougar items out there that people haven't seen before. Who knows what it could lead to. I have never seen those keychains anywhere else either.

Here is another example of a Cougar Item that you don't see everyday. Has anyone ever seen one
of these before?

Post your pictures

·
Registered
2,853 Posts
No, is it a sign or a card?
Very neat.!!

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
Very cool stuff!:)

·
Registered
103 Posts
I've got a pin with the logo on in that says Cougar on the bottom.
Can't seem to get a clear pic with the digi-cam.
Been on my leather coat for about 12 years now. :D

·
Registered
751 Posts
Hey, mark, try backing away and having someone else hold the pin. Photshop the pic and then it should be clearer.

·
Contributing Member
1,881 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
cougerrman, That is a water transferable decal.
Made by Imco. Don't know its history. Actual size
is about the size of the 67-68 pass headlight door
cougar orn. look close at the pic, you can see the
periphery of the decal.

·
Premium Member
1,915 Posts
This was a dealer display emblem.
It weighs about a pound and is nearly 10 inches long
I have collected all of the magazine ads for 1967 as well as the F&F plastic cars and a Team Cougar patch from the 60's

Attachments

·
Registered
751 Posts
Goodies

Gotta love car shows. I just hit the local one ($15 for a weekend pass, very well worth it) and scored three cougar hatpins and an XR7 keychain. I also might get some custom bussiness cards maid featuring the Coug!! Will post pics when I figure out how to shrink them down enough.....

·
Registered
2,966 Posts
Thanks Bruter..... I'ma gonna go for it!!! I've bought 5 67 or 68 Matchbox (or Johnny Lightning) cars in the past few weeks. Man are they hard to find! I've been to all the local Wal Marts, Toys R Us and Kaybee Toys and only found 1 in a store... The rest I got from E-Bay. I also have one of those light blue 67 plastic promotional models...
Scott

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
New model on the market

Here's a new model of interest...a1967 Trans Am racer. A little pricey, but neat.

Even comes with a paint chip so you can get the color right!

·
Premium Member
4,105 Posts
I've been falowing this thred for a while, I think its about time for me to add to it. I have been collecting Cougar models for years. My collection is well over 100. Mostly newer Johnny Lightings, I have a unopened package with 2 "N" scale 67 Cougars(And 6 other cars) An unopened "Corgi" Fire cheff 69 Cougar convert. with lights on tip! A 67 Aroura Cougar still in the buble pack. TThe list goes on and on. I just got one of the 67 Trans-Am models conv cat mentioned. I'll post one picture here and add a link to a Yahoo album with more

Heres the link to Yahoo:

http://photos.yahoo.com/bc/badcattt/lst?.dir=/Cougar+toys+and+ECT.&.view=t

·
Registered
2,966 Posts
Hey Guys!!! I finally won a model kit! $42 unbuilt! Ive been watching them for a long time and finally got a deal on one! Its a 68 (my cats a 67) but I can sand off the marker lights no problem...

Computers and the net are so cool!!!
Scott

1 - 20 of 24 Posts