Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey I was driving through Oakdale today and I happen to see a white 69/70 cougar xr7 for sale. I would really like to buy it but I dont have the cash, so Im passing the good word onto you. From what I can tell its a 69 or 70 xr7. (I dont know how to tell the two years apart) The interior is black and in good condition. The exterior of the car needs a little work. On the passenger side its been hit, doesnt look really bad. On the front there are one or two small rust spots. It will probally make a great project car. I tried to get the vin number but the last half was covered by the for sale sign. 9f93h5 is all I got. The number for the owner is 209-848-1087 ask for Marty. So if I cant have it maybe you of you guys can. Lates! Jason

·
Premium Member
4,105 Posts
Jason,
The part of the VIN said its a 69(9)Built in Dearborn(F) XR7(93) with a 351 2V(H). Neal.

·
Registered
180 Posts
The easiest way to tell the two years apart, just by looking, is the frontend. The 70's hood comes down into the grill, which makes the middle section stick out instead of straight across looking. The bumper also sticks out in the middle.

·
Registered
5,299 Posts
this is a 70.. a 69 has the grill like my car ( cuz its a 69 :D )

Attachments

1 - 5 of 5 Posts