1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,660 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
425 Posts
That's cool and it's like a main character too, not just an extra that is hardly seen.

·
Registered
2,055 Posts
You know you're getting old when you go back and watch it again to get another look at the car and not the girl. :(

·
Registered
2,660 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
What Girl ?........

·
Registered
1,936 Posts
don't care for country music at all. Not even a little bit. So I didn't watch the entire thing (yet). Did check it out though and fortunately, the car is shown right away. Watched up to 34 seconds. Nice car!
Don't know why the singer sings that HE left in a cloud of taillights and dust but it's a different person who actually did that. Why didn't he do his own driving in the video?

·
Registered
2,518 Posts
and it's a 4 speed too

·
Premium Member
2,303 Posts
Darius used to be the lead singer for Hootie and The Blowfish.

·
Premium Member
566 Posts
Thanks for posting, good exposure for Cougar's, not a bad song and even better to see an African American singing good down to earth Country and he does it well. . Would have liked to see the GT getting it sideways and not broke down though.

·
Premium Member
328 Posts
I nearly fell off the couch when that one came out during the CMT music countdown. Never noticed it was a GT though, cool. I have seen the square GT badge and the seperate GT letters, always wondered the difference.

·
Registered
1,936 Posts
............ not a bad song and even better to see an African American singing good down to earth Country and he does it well. . ...........
Not to change the subject of the car in the clip, but:
I agree. recently watched a Ray Charles bio on TV that prompted me to buy his auto biography "brother ray" (great book!) which prompted me to do Youtube searches and I found some neat country stuff Ray Charles did. Specifically on The Johnny Cash show. Pretty good stuff.
Country can be (is IMO) better without all that twang and slide guitar junk

·
Contributing Member
1,881 Posts
I nearly fell off the couch when that one came out during the CMT music countdown. Never noticed it was a GT though, cool. I have seen the square GT badge and the seperate GT letters, always wondered the difference.
You can read about it here http://www.cougarclub.org/registry/Cougars101/gt.aspx

I get questioned every once in a while by Mustang owners about the square badge on my GT because Mustang used the same badge on the four speeds and used the GTA badge on the automatics. I just show them the 67 dealer brochure then try to explain.

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
Larry, Ray Charles' "Georgia on my Mind" is one of the best renditions ever recorded. He's got a few songs that have made C&W Top Ten charts.

And whoever said that they can't stand Country music; well, you're missing out - especially if you like Darius Rucker's newer stuff. He's usually on the CW charts every week with one or more songs. Seems he has no trouble with the genre!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts