Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
980 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On saturday while entering the Drivers License office for a renewal, I was stopped in the crosswalk by a stranger (I drove my 70 XR7)... anyway he said that a friend of his was trying to sell an old Cougar, he thought it was a 68 or 69 with a 428/429...he wasn't sure. So, I thought that I would post the the contact info in case any of you were interested in following up on it. Call a guy named Russ Osterkamp at 319-821-1174 for details, I didn't call this guy and have no further info on it. Let us know if you do call what it is that he is trying to sell, he did say that about $1000.00 would buy it. Good luck.

Jay

·
Registered
11,950 Posts
AND YOU DIDN"T GO LOOK! Jeesh Jay, I thought you knew better than that! ;>) Easier to beg forgivness......right?

·
Registered
980 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
AND YOU DIDN"T GO LOOK! Jeesh Jay, I thought you knew better than that! ;>) Easier to beg forgivness......right?
Yeah "Sorry about that Chief, missed it by that much"....more important things to do this past weekend, like opening up our swimming pool and putting a new air conditioning belt on my '70, plus the balloon glow at Rockwell Collins Saturday night, also fixed my daughter's 50" Plasma Screen TV...thought it was going to be a capacitor...turned out to be a blown fuse. And that was only the little stuff...the weekends just aren't long enough.

·
Registered
11,950 Posts
AMEN to that!! I spent about 50 hours fighting with the 5.4 exhuast manifold! I wouldn't wish that job on my worst enemy....can't get ahold of the guy on the cat yet..out of coverage area message? (not that I need another project)

·
Registered
2,260 Posts
On saturday while entering the Drivers License office for a renewal, I was stopped in the crosswalk by a stranger (I drove my 70 XR7)... anyway he said that a friend of his was trying to sell an old Cougar, he thought it was a 68 or 69 with a 428/429...he wasn't sure. So, I thought that I would post the the contact info in case any of you were interested in following up on it. Call a guy named Russ Osterkamp at 319-821-1174 for details, I didn't call this guy and have no further info on it. Let us know if you do call what it is that he is trying to sell, he did say that about $1000.00 would buy it. Good luck.

Jay
Ok, it's been 4 hours since you posted this, and I can see 8 ppl viewing right now... so who has called, and what is the scoop? LOL!

·
Registered
980 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Just tried calling myself, and got that same message. Maybe try again tonight. I guess so much for strangers giving you information at the DL place.

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
I just got the same message.

·
Registered
2,260 Posts
1 - 8 of 8 Posts