1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Premium Member
13,577 Posts
If they made such a car, perhaps it would grow on me, but upon seeing this picture :puke:

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
I think it's a really cool design... I just don't like the color choice! Also.. I think it would look better with the fuel filler cap in the middle, rather than offset. The taillights are kinda crazy, but pretty cool.

More pics I found around the web:

Here's a nice rendering that somebody did:

It would be a cool custom project for somebody :D At least it's based on a '70 Cougar, not built from scratch.... any takers?? I think with a better color it would look awesome. The wheels / tires are sweet.

·
Registered
389 Posts
i know someone with roof skin expeirence...perhaps he should take on the task of redoing the roofline on a cougar hahaha.

i like it. the asssss looks strange with the fuel filler offset, hidden behind some tail lights would look great IMO. the side view looks alot like a mopar product of the same era to me....paint it orange and some goof's would never know haha.

i like the color, especially for the time it was done. the rims are a little iffy to me, but can u imagine the 16s back then?? that woudl have been like "oh my gawd u put such a low profile tire and huge rims on that car"

·
Registered
126 Posts
WOW! Mercury, would still be in the business of making and selling cars today if CATS like El Gato were on the showroom floors!

·
Registered
508 Posts
Yeah, the Torino'ish tail lights and that box nose piece,.....don't do it for me, but the profile and the quarter views are stunning! Notice the shaved drip rails and door handles,....chrome work, completely blended.

·
Registered
735 Posts
I think it's perfect. It's a product of it's time and my guess is it was built by the great Alexander brothers, who restyled a number of cars for Ford and Lincoln-Mercury in the '60s and '70s. They also created the Deora (remember the Hot Wheel?) for Chrysler.

The Mustang Milano, built around the same time (and probably by the same people) is similar in design.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,569 Posts
It's a Torino rear end with a 70 front clip. Even the side scallop is the same as the 70. Modify the front grill of a 69 and 70, whala!

·
Registered
81 Posts
Nothing wrong with the color. Reminds me of my 1972 Galaxie 500 2dr.
The color reminds me of the Hot Wheels that I used to play with that made me fall in love with cars in the first place. I owned a 71 Montego in high school. The back end reminds me of it.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts