Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys I am thinking of buying a 68 cougar. I used to have a 67 with the console and tiny garage door which i really liked. The one I am looking at does not have a center console. Would it be as simple as buying a center console and putting it in? Or would that not work.
Robert

·
Registered
565 Posts
There are differences between the plastic bases for ac vs non ac manual vs auto etc. There is a different shifter with metal tabs to support the indicator. You have to have power for the 2 lights one in the little garage door and one on the tail end. The light that shines through the indicator is also different from the non console light.

·
Registered
173 Posts
I have the center console with the clock. Still trying to decide weather to keep it in the car or not. Growing up my mom drove a 66 mustang with no consol or anything. Just the hump. Ive always thought that was pretty cool. Lots of cougar guys would probably hate me for leaving it out haha. Still cant make up my mind. Anyway it looks like it would be pretty easy to switch it over to a no console car. I can order the radio bezel and stuff. So im guessing it probably wont be too bad to add a console to a no console car. you will find the best parts at cougarpartscatalog.com. hope that helps a bit. good luck.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts