Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Believe it or not - we have founded the "Cougar Club of Germany" this summer.

Until today we have 40 members. To become a member you need to own a classic Cougar between 1967 and 1970. There are many Mustang clubs around here in germany and europe, but I bet we are the first (classic) Cougar Club.

Here is our website and forum: www.cougar-club-of-germany.de

Mike

Attachments

·
Registered
11,950 Posts
40! Really? Woulda never guessed that - how cool! Keep us posted on how things go Mike......might have to team up with the other ford clubs for something to get the turnouts though! (wouldn't be much different over here either really)

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
We´re in contact with Ford europe and will be listed as an official club later this year. I guess we have at least 40 more Cougars in germany. The Mustang is way to common for many enthusiasts - thousands in germany already.

I have a 64 1/2 convertible, too - but always take the cat when it comes to a classic car meeting.

Mike

·
Registered
1,936 Posts
We´re in contact with Ford europe and will be listed as an official club later this year. I guess we have at least 40 more Cougars in germany. The Mustang is way to common for many enthusiasts - thousands in germany already.

I have a 64 1/2 convertible, too - but always take the cat when it comes to a classic car meeting.

Mike
Does the 64 1/2 have a 260 in it?

·
Registered
266 Posts
The Cougar Club here in Australia is thinking of joining forces with the Cougar Clubs of England, France, New Zealand and Canada to try to outnumber the Cougar Club of Germany.

If we don't have the numbers, we are thinking of asking the Cougar Club of America for help, but we will wait a little while to see what happens first.

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The Cougar Club here in Australia is thinking of joining forces with the Cougar Clubs of England, France, New Zealand and Canada to try to outnumber the Cougar Club of Germany.

If we don't have the numbers, we are thinking of asking the Cougar Club of America for help, but we will wait a little while to see what happens first.
... I was laughing like crazy ...

Mike

·
Registered
96 Posts
WOW! That is a big number! There are less than 10 classic cats here in Hungary.

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Here comes a short update on our Cougar Club of Germany.

Meanwhile we have 107 registered Club Members and everyone owns a classic Cougar built between 1967 and 1970. We think there are about 130 classic Cougars (67-70) in germany and we had a first club meeting two weeks ago.

Best

Mike

Attachments

·
Registered
11,950 Posts
Very cool! Looks like you will have another cat in Germany soon. One of our members just shipped one out - hopefully he will join your club!

·
Registered
218 Posts
CCOG(ermany) that is great. I would like to get one moving in Michigan (USA) but haven't had the time to even look into it.

·
Registered
11,950 Posts
I PM'd tobitalgie the info......

·
Registered
59 Posts
... I was laughing like crazy ...
Mike[/QUOTE

Yes lol, just don't mention the war!
Congrats on the club Mike, good luck with it.
Im in Sydney and would be lucky to see 1 or 2 Cougars at All Ford Day here.

·
Premium Member
4,106 Posts
Wow. Toped 107 members! That cool. I'll need to add a trip to Germany to my bucket list.

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)
Meanwhile we have 113 members and now even have car shops specialized on Cougars ;-)

> this one is near munich <

Best

Mike

P.S.: Tobias Matter of Berlin recently purchased a 69/351 standard coupe - that could be tobitalgies !

Attachments

·
Registered
1,598 Posts
The shipper picked up the 69 Cougar last week for Tobias. On to New Jersey and then a boat ride across the pond to Germany.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 25 Posts