Mercury Cougar Owners banner

Cougar Club in Oklahoma

11K views 12 replies 6 participants last post by  Fisherman74017 
#1 ·
Does anyone know if there is a Cougar club in Oklahoma??

fisherman

#2 ·
There used to be..

Fisherman74017 said:
Does anyone know if there is a Cougar club in Oklahoma??

fisherman
I do know at one time there used to be a very healthy Cougar Club in Oklahoma. I have a lot of their newsletters in my collection here (if I could remember where I stored them). Apparently they were closely connected with the start of the CCOA and often held their club events at the Mid America Shelby Meet in Tulsa. I have no idea what they are doing now or if they even exist anymore. You do have a good number of good Cougar people there in Oklahoma - I'm sure they'll chime in here. It would be great if they were a strong club again and could host a Nationals.

Go Pokes!

#3 ·
Unfortunately the club has been defunct for several years. There are quite a few Cougar owners, but apparently everyone is like me: willing to help out and support the club, but not ready to step up and actually run the thing.
If there was someone with the time and energy to lead, I think it would go.

Beat OU!

Jay

#9 ·
There you go guys, enough folks to start one. I would suggest Tri states or so based on population.\

There you go! enough to get it started. I would suggest tri states or more as my club has done from the start. Nothing to do with me. I came along way after the work was done.

#10 ·
There used to be a guy on here from Oky Ciity area with more than on cat and at least an Ecat too......Jeff something..? can't remember now......he may chime in

#11 ·
There is a new Regional Cougar Club based out of Tulsa. This will be a regional club to include Oklahoma, Kansas, Missouri and Arkansas. There second meeting was yesterday. They will meet on the 3rd Sunday of the month at 2:30 at Hardesty Library - Pecan Room. There were several Cougars there to admire. They are working on a couple car shows and doing a Cancer Sucks drive in.

If you need more info please PM me.

Charlie

#12 ·
The club will be meeting on August 15th, 2015, in Sapulpa OK. Several cars coming including a GTE. I should have my 67 back together. PM me if you want the address and can make it. We will be eating at 2pm.

Check us out on facebook at Mid America Classic Cougars. https://www.facebook.com/MidAmericaClassicCougars

#13 ·
We will be having a club meeting on April 9th, 2016, in Sapulpa. We will be reviewing the 2017 National show event that we will be hosting on April 22nd, 2017 at the Expo Square Exchange center. We expect 100+ cars for the event from all over the US and Canada. This will be an INDOOR event.

If you are not a member and want to join and be part of this historic event please check out the Facebook page for more details as well - https://www.facebook.com/MidAmericaClassicCougars/?ref=aymt_homepage_panel

CB

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.