Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,936 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I wish I could offer a prize like West Coast Classic Cougar, (who's Barrett Jackson guess the selling price game was fun). I don't have a Cougar business.

How many of these people can you identify? This picture was taken at the 1986 Cougar show in or near Weott California (beautiful redwoods). I think 3 clubs combined together for the show. NCCC, Cascade Cougar Club, and Cougar Club of America. I know all the names but 8 & 9. There is at least one well known (in the car world) person in the photo.
This was sort of a bad luck show for two people. An XR7 G was wrecked on the way to the show and a (67?) hit a deer near the show on the way home to Ohio.

·
Premium Member
4,106 Posts
So is John Benoit in the front row?

·
Registered
1,936 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
So is John Benoit in the front row?
If he is, he's #8 or #9. I don't recall the names of 8 or 9. The other's are not John Benoit.

From memory (26 years ago)
#1 had a 67 with a 351 C solid lifter cam. #2 had a green 69 convertible, #3 had a white 69 convertible with the 351 stripe kit (with cat head) on the hood. #4 was the NCCC club president at the time and had three 67 XR7's and he was the original owner of at least one of them. #5 had a 67 standard and a 67 DGS. Unfortunately he died in it a few years later when it went out of control and rolled. #6 had a GTE and was the original owner. He had it painted black to honor the Oakland Raiders, but it was originally red. #7 had a red 68 at the show. He put a 351 Windsor in it. #10 was from Sandusky Ohio. I think maybe he won the long distance award. He is the one who hit a deer on the way out of Weott in his (white??) 67 or 68. #11 Had super nice orange 70 Eliminator 351 C. I think it had the 8000 RPM tach, but wasn't that for Boss 302's only?

·
Registered
391 Posts
#4 is Rodger Mueller. FYI, for those of you who don't know, Weott is in Southern Humboldt County, behind the Redwood Curtain, about 4 hours or so North of San Francisco on Highway 101. I was a member of the NCCC from about 1980-1985 and I can't recall anyone else's names, though I do recall some of the cars you mentioned.

·
Registered
1,936 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
#4 is Rodger Mueller. FYI, for those of you who don't know, Weott is in Southern Humboldt County, behind the Redwood Curtain, about 4 hours or so North of San Francisco on Highway 101. I was a member of the NCCC from about 1980-1985 and I can't recall anyone else's names, though I do recall some of the cars you mentioned.
Correct. #4 is Roger Mueller

·
Registered
1,936 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thought this would generate more interest. Even though it's west coast people mostly. There is one person in the picture we all know by name no matter where you live.

1: Dave Erlich (SP?) 2: Mike Cunningham 3: Lindsey Cox 4: Roger Mueller 5: Tony Anaya 6: Don Williams 7: Mike Anderson
8 ? 9 ? 10: Bret Irack (sp?) 11: Kevin Marti

1 - 8 of 8 Posts