Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got new carpeting from the PO of Ginger and it is not loop carpeting. Is this incorrect?

·
Contributing Sr Motorhead
5,470 Posts
Maybe and maybe not.

Who knows where the PO got the carpeting. Just looking through the JC Whitney catalog and there are several different styles to choose from.

I could have sworn that the original carpeting in AlphaCat was not loop, but a plush-cut pile. I know it was the original carpet since a factory build sheet was stuck/rusted to the bottom side of it. Hard for me to tell at this point since I threw it out years ago when I found that mice had turned it into a condo as it was wadded up in the trunk (holes, mousie turds, etc)

I just ordered a set of Ginger carpet from MustangsUnlimited today, as a matter of fact. $89.95 for the MCA-approved loop carpet. It is made by Auto Custom Carpet. I had gone to the ACC website, but I couldn't get through it to place an order for Ginger cut-pile. (they list cut pile carpet on the website, but not in Ginger) I suppose I could always try calling, but I do most of my buying via internet these days. My MU order was over $800! I also spent another $200 at Johns this afternoon, and another $300 at Summit yesterday.

Hmmmmm, maybe the new license plate for AlphaCat should read 'IM BROKE'! LOL

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Milo

That would be cool if it is correct. It was from Auto Custom Carpet. I threw the box away. It is the plush-cut pile carpeting and looks very nice. The heel pad looks exactly like the original in both Cougars.
Yes, I also, found the build sheet rusted and stuck under the passenger side seat(under the sound deadener) it is unreadable but got a small piece of it.:(
Sounds like you got quite the shopping done for your cats.:p: That is always exciting!
Oh, also, one more question...All Kitty's seat belts are black with a ginger interior. Is this correct?(the ones stuffed in the back seat looked to have been never used but dirty)

·
Contributing Sr Motorhead
5,470 Posts
AlphaCat's seat belts are Ginger, and all of the other ginger interior cars I've had were all Ginger too.

...and if you want to trade carpets, I'll be more than willing!

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Milo

I quess I'll trade the seatbelts out of Ginger. They are ginger but, are a little different style than the black ones in Kitty.

I'm still doing a little research on the carpet. Mustang's Unlimited says loop carpeting is correct.:rolleyes:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts