Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wanted to get you thoughts on this:
I am going to replace my old stock radiator with a new recore from MustangsUnlimited. It is a 4 row, will be an exact replacement.
I am also going to add a fan shroud, as I don't have one now.
Going to replace the water pump with a new Edelbrock.
Going to add a separate trans cooler as well. I have been looking at the B&M Hi-Tech like this -- http://store.summitracing.com/partdetail.asp?part=BMM-70297

I figure the fan would also help with the engine cooling as well when it kicks in. But the temp it kicks in at is 160 degrees. So I am wondering if I should just get a standard B&M trans cooler without a fan, then add my own fan which is tripped by the engine radiator only?

Also, I have a flex-fan on it now, no shroud, and it stays about normal, but it is early in the season now. Should I go ahead and replace it with an actual clutch fan? If so, anything particular I should look for? Can I go after-market, or the OEM stuff?

Thanks guys!!:D

·
Premium Member
2,048 Posts
Unless you're running a 3500+ stall convertor, you don't need a Race tranny cooler w/fan. It's just dramatic overkill.

I'm running a 24000GVW B&M Supercooler on my FMX and it dropped temps by over 40 degrees....

1 - 2 of 2 Posts